Madonna's 6 'Rebel Heart' Tracks Now Available: How They Compare To The Demos That Leaked
When you pre-ordere Rebel Heart on iTunes, you get the following tracks:
1. "Living For Love": one of the shinier demo tracks, sounds more punched up now, has MNEK on backing vocals, was to be the lead single off the album. Love the '90s house sound. Quality single choice.
2. "Devil Pray": also one of the demo tracks, the EDM-iness has been stripped out and replaced with murky, distorted vocal effects.
3. "Ghosttown": very nice "classic Madge" ballad that wasn't with the demos, should be slapped on a movie soundtrack if you ask me.
4. "Unapologetic Bitch": sounds exactly like the demo version. Reggae-pop brattiness, but Jesus, does this get stuck in your head.
5. "Illuminati": I much preferred the demo version of this. Sounds like someone got their hands on it and mixed it into a dark dirge. Still, the synths now found under the "it's the enlightenment that started it all" part are a nice touch.
6. "Bitch I'm Madonna": this was terrible in demo form, and now Nicki Minaj is attached to it. Lyrically, it pisses all over what otherwise sounds like a mature, strong effort from Madge. Musically, it's the equivalent of a cheesegrater sliding down a chalkboard.
Here's what Vampyre herself had to say, via a press release:
"I was hoping to release my new single 'Living For Love' on Valentine's Day with the rest of the album coming in the Spring. I would prefer my fans to hear completed versions of some of the songs instead of the incomplete tracks that are circulating. Please consider these six songs as an early Christmas gift," commented Madonna.
Well, thanks, Santdonna.