dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Stock Aitken Waterman To Hit The Telly?

And yet another Monday morning rolls around with a case of Chart Rigger proving to have a creepy sixth sense quality. Last week it was the official news that Christina Milian had been dropped from Island Def Jam, and this week -- after several Stock Aitken Waterman-related posts over the past few days -- the word is out (albeit via The Sun's gossip column) that Mike, Matt and Pete are working on an Idol-esque reality TV show, where the three will write and produce the winner's songs.

Taking a look online, you get the sense that British media is still a bit leary about revisiting the days of SAW's cheesy pop. This article on the pop producers' TV show is titled "The Day The Music Died," and predicts:

"...lines and lines of spandex-clad Steps wannabes, all furiously performing for the camera and screeching show tunes at the top of their voices."


God, let's hope so!

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 10:36 AM, Blogger mobius said…

    What a nasty article! I hope Phyllis Stein's ears fall off the next time she's listening to "Mogwai". :-)

    Anyway, not even this can bring me down. The next few months are going to be pretty exciting and I've had a smile on my face the whole day.

     
  • At 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hmm, I'm as eager to see SAW back together as anyone but is another 'Pop Idol' knockoff really going to make any waves at this point? We can only hope I guess! :-)

     
  • At 1:06 PM, Blogger mobius said…

    I just re-read my comment. Sorry, if this sounded misleading. With "what a nasty article" I meant the article on "megastar.co.uk".

     
  • At 1:50 PM, Anonymous Brian said…

    After Love This, Toutes les Filles, and Ellie I'm waiting til I hear the finished product before getting worked up over the SAW reunion.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home