dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Fantasia Classes Up For Her New Album, Y'all!

Former American Idol winner Fantasia is looking -- interesting -- lately.


Her new album, Fantasia, it out today (love the classy new logo!), two years after her debut was released. Perhaps you've heard her new single, "Hood Boy"? No? Anyway, that was the last season I ever watched AI. I actually wanted Jennifer Hudson to win, 'cause she at least had personality -- plus, she was a looney tune! Oh well, look at where the Hudsucker is now. At any rate, here's what 'tasia had so say recently on her MySpace blog:


"Hello yall! It's the second day of the video shoot and it's gonna be crazy. We are working with the best of the best and its just hot!"


"Everybody came out, all the hood boys and sexy ladies for lil mama Tasia and I'm thankful."


"It's a new look for me and it's what I wanted so I'm just glad that my daddy Clive and my J Records family have my back and believe in me."


"I'm very excited about the album yall! It's my baby and I hope that you enjoy it."


"I love yall and keep praying for me please, also Big Boi did his thing!"


"I love him... bye talk to you later k.

--gods"


Photos: Crunk + Disorderly.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

  • At 11:08 AM, Blogger MoogaBoo said…

    Here's hoping that hair-do works better for than it did for Kelis.

     
  • At 12:50 PM, Blogger xolondon said…

    Fantasia also does Angie Stone covers at Gay Bingo here in DC. He is so good at what he does, most of America neever figured out his special secret. Hood Boy indeed.

     
  • At 12:52 PM, Blogger xolondon said…

    Actually... I think "Hood Boy" isn't too bad. It's built on some sample and has some fab yeahhhhhhhs. Yeahhhhhhs are almost as primo as oooooohhhsss.

     
  • At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Diana DeGarmo said…

    Go on and get ugly girl!

     
  • At 8:57 PM, Blogger Poster Girl said…

    Ah, the signature ChartRigger photo aesthetic. How I love it.

    Random: apparently scientists have (scientifically) calculated the happiest song in the world...and it's Lily Allen's "LDN." No, really. It beat out ABBA's "Dancing Queen." Just thought you might like to know, given your undying love of all things Lily Allen.

     
  • At 1:48 PM, Blogger The Duke said…

    Damn, girl look toe-up!

     
  • At 7:00 PM, Blogger Ella Thorvaldsen said…

    That soo fucking cheered me up

     
  • At 9:44 PM, Anonymous shanaynaylachild said…

    sheeit. fo a minute i thought whitney fell off da crack again. clive daivs is so fukt up making mantasia look extra bad so whitney can look better.

    in that first photo, is she singing, or takin a shit? does it really matter? when you write an autobiographical song like hood boy as your first single and reveal your *secret* candy stash it's all good mantasia!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home