dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Monday, June 18, 2007

This Just Can't Be Another Summer Single By Justin Timberlake

For those keeping track, promotion has officially started for "LoveStoned/I Think She Knows," the fifth Justin Timberlake single in the past year.

It's a catchy song, but like "What Goes Around...Comes Around," it's saved from repetitiveness by the interlude into a second song -- in this case, "I Think She Knows," which comes in about three-and-a-half minutes in.

It makes for a nice break in the rather dull first part of the video, too.

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At 3:28 PM, Blogger Poster Girl said…

    Oh, good, the only other song I listen to off that album.

    I thought the video was going to be one of your usual fan-made ones, but then I saw the animation, realized it had to be real, and wished it was just a fan-made one. You're so right about the song and the video.

     
  • At 4:32 PM, Blogger xolondon said…

    I Think She Knows is the direction I'd like to see him go in. People talk about how adventurous he is and SexyBack was, but it's stuff like this that pushes him further. I think he needs to move beyond the safe realm of r'n'b, which he knows will sell sell sell.

     
  • At 4:50 PM, Blogger J'ason D'luv said…

    I wholeheartedly agree with both of you -- it's the only other song I like on the album (hate that "Chop It Up" one), and "I Think She Knows" -- and even the "...Comes Around" part of "What Goes Around..." are the best parts of both singles. Wish they weren't hidden them at the end.

    That latter half of the video features an almost unregnizeable (but daringly more likeable) image for him.

     
  • At 1:50 PM, Anonymous My Husband Knows, Get Out Of Town said…

    LoveStoned is the 4th single elsewhere, Summer Love is the 4th single in North America.

     
  • At 2:00 PM, Blogger J'ason D'luv said…

    It's the fourth from his own album, but I was including "Give It To Me" by Timbaland, which is a "featuring Justin Timberlake" single. And especially since it was such a big hit, it can't really be overlooked.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home