dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Mariah Carey Doesn't Smell Like The High School Musical 2 Soundtrack

High School Musical 2 airs on the Disney Channel this Friday, but you can grab the album today. Below is a review by iTunes user, Krizzy:

HSM2 is just as good, if not better, than the first High School Musical! I love every single song! Here's my breakdown:

1. "What Time Is It" - totally awesome and the video is full of energy!

2. "Fabulous" - It's just that...fabulous! This is a really cute, peppy song!

3. "Work It Out" - This is the number that I reeaaally want to see on screen...it's so upbeat!!

4. "You Are The Music In Me" - cute song, love the lyrics!

Well, you get the picture. By the eleventh totally awesome and cute song, Krizzy is just about imploding.

Equally exuberant is the press release for Mariah Carey's fragrance, M.

"The inspiration for this fragrance was Mariah's magical presence and artistry."
"By combining two very contrasted notes, an exotic Tahitian Tiare flower with a deliciously warm marshmallow, we wanted to express Mariah's utmost femininity and undeniable sensuality in one strong statement."
"This harmonious balance of Mariah's favourite scents and memories is at the heart of this creation."
Mariah added: "The inspirations were multiple places I've been, moments in my life and childhood memories."
"It combines my favourite scents and means so much to me."

Sure it does, Mimi. We'll be sure to check in with you a year from now to see if you remember what the perfume's called.

Chart Rigger guest-blogs on Towleroad today and every Tuesday!

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

  • At 10:23 AM, Anonymous The Emancipation of Orangutan said…

    Holy mammary glands Batman!

     
  • At 3:48 PM, Blogger Moogaboo said…

    WARM MARSHMALLOW?

     
  • At 11:58 AM, Blogger joshua said…

    http://fragrance.mariahcarey.com/freesample/index.php

    Go there to receive a free sample of M! Like a good lamb, I already have 2!

     
  • At 12:00 PM, Blogger joshua said…

    BTW, I wore it last week and people loved it! I had a couple of senior ladies come up to me and ask me to join their Bridge team. When I replied, they were startled to hear I was a big strapping young male, as opposed to a withered and wizened old lady... I guess their glaucoma combined with the bright sun really played tricks on their eyes and they just assumed I was "one of them" from the smell of M. :(

     
  • At 12:22 PM, Blogger J'ason D'luv said…

    You should have told them to dial M for murder.

     
  • At 10:10 AM, Anonymous Job said…

    The dude is absolutely right, and there is no question.
    site | this site | link

     

Post a Comment

<< Home