dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Mandy Moore Would Really Like To Get Wet

Mandy Moore recently covered Rihanna's "Umbrella" for Yahoo Music. Though the clip's been around a couple days, it's worth a revisit.

Were I cynical, I'd say these seems like a suspicious attempt to jump-start interest in Moore's Wild Hope album, which was released last month.



Gotta love how Mandy continues to try and distance herself from her pop past, this time by declaring "I'm not a big Top 40, sort of, listener..." before she sings.

Either way, Mandy would do well to rush this version out as a single, as Marie Digby already has her own acoustic rendition perched comfortably on the iTunes download chart.

Check out D'luv's new Towleroad column, up now!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 11:16 AM, Blogger Joshua said…

    It's raining Umbrella covers! Hallelujah it's raining Umbrella covers!

    Seriously - I have like 5 MP3s, mostly by waifish emo dudes, but I add Mandy Moore to that list and I bet you pretty soon, Alanis.

    Speaking of angry grrl, Mandy Moore is playing the Fillmore tonight with, of all people, PAULA COLE. What? Co-headlining? Of course, no one wants to go see it with me so I am not going :(

     
  • At 10:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Without knowing her name at the time, I saw Marie Digby do 'umbrella' on some late night show a few weeks ago and though it was great. Last week, a local radio station played Mandy's version and I was like 'that wasn't Mandy Moore I saw that night.' What the f?! Thanks for straightening me out Monsieur D'Amour.

    Blair
    (CANADA)

     
  • At 12:06 AM, Blogger Paul said…

    bloody mandy moore and her pop past! I feel like throwing a brocolli quiche at her.

     
  • At 1:30 PM, Blogger J'ason D'luv said…

    My only regreat is that I didn't catch Lil' Britney's cover of "Umbrella" until after I posted this. It's on YouTube. And it's hotzy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home