dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Pet Shop Boys Shine Strobe Light On Other Artists, Remix "Integral" For Disco 4

As their year-long Fundamental world tour finally wraps up this week in Singapore, the Pet Shop Boys have revealed that Parlophone will issue Disco 4 in the U.K. on September 24 (no word yet on a U.S. release). While the previous three albums in the series have featured new songs by the Boys and remixes of their tracks by DJs and remixers, Disco 4 will be mostly comprised of mixes the duo has done for other artists.

Also included is the "PSB Maxi-mix" of "I'm With Stupid," and a new mix of "Integral."

Here's the full tracklisting:

1. The Killers "Read My Mind (PSB Stars Are Blazing mix)"
2. David Bowie "Hallo Spaceboy (PSB Extended mix)"
3. Pet Shop Boys "Integral (PSB Perfect Immaculate mix)"
4. Yoko Ono "Walking On Thin Ice (PSB Electro mix)"
5. Madonna "Sorry (PSB Maxi-mix)"
6. Atomizer "Hooked On Radiation (PSB Orange Alert mix)"
7. Rammstein "Mein Teil (PSB There Are No Guitars On This mix)"
8. Pet Shop Boys "I'm With Stupid (PSB Maxi-mix)"

The Pet Shop Boys' official site states that a video for "Integral" will be featured both there and on YouTube shortly.

Disco 4 will apparently only be available on CD and vinyl, and not via digital download, as there were snags trying to get the legalities sorted out with each artists' label.

Overall, kudos for collecting the mixes in one place, but a big thumbs-down for not including Pete Burns' "Jack And Jill Party" (a song on the PSBs' own label!) and for not adding any new songs.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • At 9:23 PM, Blogger Moogaboo said…

    I like this concept... but... somehow the fantasy of it in my mind was better than the reality. I was hoping there'd be more new stuff, aside from the Integral mix. And that Killers mix has just always bored me to tears.

    Oddly, there's to be a big poster promotion in the UK for this, featuring Billie Ray Martin in some capacity! I was hoping Neil & Chris would be covering something by her. (So was she, I'm sure.)

     
  • At 9:29 PM, Blogger xolondon said…

    A major disappointment. Those new PSB mixes for Integral and whatever will leak.

    This is a ripoff. :(

     
  • At 8:15 AM, Blogger Yuяi said…

    Integral should have been the first or second single...it's that freakin' good. Awesome LIVE as well.

    I agree, major disappointment. I have most of these mixes, sans Integral, already. Disco(s) 1-3 have always had mostly (if not all, my memory escapes me) newly remixed or new material.

    I will sit back and await the leaks.

     
  • At 5:25 PM, Blogger Tricky said…

    Gutting.

    This should have been something other. I have most of these tracks, as does any serious fan. OK, maybe not the Rammstein, but... it's Rammstein. I don't give a shit.

    These releases are for hardcore fans. That's why Disco 3 was such a total triumph. Great, great new mixes, great new songs. Win, win win. Possibly up there with their best albums.

    Lame, lame, lame.

     
  • At 10:21 AM, Blogger J'ason D'luv said…

    I agree with everyone. Why bother?

    That said, I can't wait to get Disco 4!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home