dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Thursday, October 11, 2007

The Killers Unveil Sawdust Album Art

The Killers' duet with Lou Reed, "Tranquilize," will be available on iTunes tomorrow. Here's the cover for their album Sawdust, due November 13.

It's very Kraftwerk meets Erasure. NME has done up a review of "Tranquilize," which makes it sound quite lovely. I dunno. Lou's voice has all the charm of a waking up next to a lice-addled whore (which, if I'm being honest, makes me a bit nostalgic for my 12th birthday party...sigh).

The Killers' cover of Joy Division's "Shadowplay" -- from the upcoming film Control, and which will be included on Sawdust -- was made available for download from iTunes this past Tuesday.

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At 11:01 AM, Blogger Paul said…

    no moustachioed BFlo on the cover? boo you severed arm whores...

     
  • At 7:31 PM, Blogger xolondon said…

    Ewww! That is sooo CSI! It freaks me out and yet it's kind of pretty. The Lou Reed track is wild!

     
  • At 10:33 PM, Blogger Moogaboo said…

    I'm listening to Tranquilize right now and, I dunno, I don't hear any Kraftwerk-meets-Erasure-ness, but it's an okay track. More Pink Floyd than anything, especially with that kids' chorus. Eek.

    They'll never see the top ten again, will they?

     
  • At 12:56 AM, Blogger J'ason D'luv said…

    Moog, I meant the cover art and font used on the cover, not the actual song. And, NO, most definitely not...

    XO, you just wanna sit on the arm.

    Paul, you just wanna sit on the arm.

     
  • At 12:29 PM, Blogger Moogaboo said…

    Oops -- duh -- now I see what you mean!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home