dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Love Will Tear Us Apart

Here's a well-made-yet-cheesy fan video for The Killers' Joy Division cover, "Shadowplay," currently #14 on the iTunes download chart.


In a land where Souja Boy is #1 for over a month, it'll be so rad if this song at least cracks the Billboard Top 20. Over yonder in the U.K., the band's current single, "Tranquilize," is the fifth most-downloaded track on iTunes.

You can currently listen to clips of all the tracks from The Killers' upcoming Sawdust album (U.S. version) on NME's blog, minus the remix of "Mr. Brightside" and, uh, another one I'm too lazy too look up right now. Of course, doing so made me realize I already have most of these from over the years, though according to a commentor there, "Daddy's Eyes" is going to be a re-recorded version, while "Sam's Town" is an acoustic version.

God, am I back into The Killers, then? Over a B-sides compilation? I guess I never truly left you, Brandon!

The U.S. Top 10:

1. "Crank That (Soulja Boy)" - Soulja Boy *6 weeks*
2. "Stronger" - Kanye West
3. "Apologize" - Timbaland feat. OneRepublic *sales gainer*
4. "No One" - Alicia Keys *airplay gainer*
5. "Bubbly" - Colbie Caillat
6. "Gimme More" - Britney Spears
7. "The Way I Are" - Timbaland feat. Keri Hilson & D.O.E.
8. "Bed" - J. Holiday
9. "Big Girls Don't Cry" - Fergie
10. "Good Life" - Kanye West feat. T-Pain

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

  • At 11:25 AM, Blogger Robpop said…

    So theres no chance of getting some Swedish pop male inside of you?

    Like Jonah?

    Like Ola?

    Like Danny?

    Perhaps not?!

     
  • At 11:34 AM, Blogger Yuяi said…

    I'm really digging Shadowplay right now. Who knew?!

     
  • At 3:27 PM, Blogger Paul said…

    i was never over the killers or b-flo. Sadly i was never under him either.

     
  • At 8:15 PM, Blogger Adem IAR said…

    I'll forgive him once he gets rid of that face hair.

     
  • At 8:32 PM, Blogger J'ason D'luv said…

    Rob, Inside me? I dunno, I'm too fond of jousting, and besides, those three are wimps... maybe Ewan McGregor...

    Yuri, moi aussi.

    Paul, I kinda was till I saw them again at Austin City Limits last month... now it's happenin' all over again.

    Adem, I don't mind the facial hair on B.F., but Ronnie Vannucci (the drummer) is really starting to look like Ron Jeremy.

     
  • At 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Doll, I love ya!

     
  • At 4:45 PM, Anonymous Hiram said…

    Thank you for this article, really useful material.
    website | website | my site

     

Post a Comment

<< Home