dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Off Topic: More Useless Information

This song by Filter ("Take A Picture") reminds me of the really depressing time period of winter 1999, my first year in California.

It was one of those inescapable radio hits, and seemed to mesh well with other dreary goings-on at that point: watching Magnolia on a break from Christmas shopping, reading Catcher In The Rye for the first time (at 25) in The Abbey -- now the remodeled gay mecca of Los Angeles, but then just a coffee shop -- and me buying a green Old Navy fleece pullover.

Jumping ahead, I'm nearly at the end of my X-Files marathon that began in February; I started season 9 last night. I watched the show sporadically when it was in its original run in the '90s, mostly during seasons 3 through 6 -- and so a lot of the episodes were new to me this year. Anyway, while internet-surfing last night, I was surprised to find that Robert Patrick, who plays Agent John Doggett in the final two seasons of The X-Files (and who was the T-1000 in Terminator 2) has a younger brother named Richard Patrick...the lead singer of Filter.

Fascinating, no?

Could you take my picture? 'Cause I won't remember...

Labels: , , ,


  • At 11:49 AM, Blogger Yuяi said…

    I didn't know that about the Patricks. That's kinda cool.

    You caught some shows during the coolest seasons of the x-files.
    What stopped you from getting hooked back then?

  • At 2:30 PM, Blogger J'ason D'luv said…

    I just didn't have time... season 3 was during my junior year of college, and season 4 my senior year. I had a group of friends who watched the show every sunday night religiously, and I'd usually go to their apt. and watch. I did catch a lot of it during those years, and in the two years after I graduated, but I think I was just busy being a young twentysomething.

    Now that I don't "go out" that much, Ihave lots of time to sit around and watch DVDs.

  • At 3:16 PM, Blogger Paul said…

    a green old navy sweatshirt? Oh dear... :P

  • At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Oscar said…

    Thanks for your article, really useful information.

  • At 10:03 PM, Anonymous jaring pengaman said…

    Nice article, thanks for the information. It's very complete information. I will bookmark for next reference
    jaring futsal | jaring golf | jaring pengaman proyek |
    jaring pengaman bangunan | jaring pengaman gedung


Post a Comment

<< Home