dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Some Reactions To Spice Girls' "Headlines"

I posted a YouTube clip of the new Spice Girls single, "Headlines (Friendship Never Ends)," over at Towleroad yesterday, which got some spicy reactions from readers in the comments section (see below). Personally, I'm a bit This is what these five broads came up with after seven years? upon hearing it. Then I realized those MILFs probably had nothing to do at all with coming up with the track. Anyway, was anyone else underwhelmed by the snoozy ballad?

Yeah, I'll probably love it in about two more days. Here's what some Towleroad readers had to say:

* "First, Spice Girls single: sort of bleh. But I have my tickets. They better freaking Zig-a-Zig everywhere for what they're charging."

* "Did you see the Spice Girls on Dancing with the Stars... time has not been kind... they should be called the Dried Spice Girls..."

* "I'm sorry, I love the Spice Girls but the new SINGLE... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Should have picked something upbeat for their first comeback single."

* "So, I'm liking the new Spice Girls song (God knows I've loved them from day one), but I don't feel like this is the right style of music for their first release."

And, here's my favorite (I'd also written about the site OiNK getting busted by interpol):

**** "Robbie, you should stick to reporting on the gossip around the Spice Girls' video shoot and leave the heavy topics to adults that can get the story straight."

Ba-zing! Hey, I couldn't agree more! Them big words make my head feel all spin-y 'n shit.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home