dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Sometimes You Just Need To Let Loose

A year ago, in an MP3-blog-moment, the Motiv8 mix of '90s British trio Let Loose's flop single "Everybody Say Everybody Do" got posted here.

And, hey, a quick glance at eBay shows that you can own Let Loose's gold certification award for their 1994 #2 U.K. hit, "Crazy For You," for a mere 43 bucks -- what a bargain!

And in keeping with the randomness of this post, here's a strangely fascinating video of a bunch of dorks in a hotel room lip-syncing to "Crazy For You" (FYI, the short guy in the gray t-shirt with the slight goatee, brown hair and sideburns needs to call D'luv for some hard boff action):


In case you fancy watching the real "Crazy For You" video...

Labels:

7 Comments:

  • At 1:19 AM, Blogger Paul said…

    oh i forgot about Let Loose until you reminded me again! I used to really like them and an act called Waterfront who had a song called Cry. Also, remember Halo James? Oh it's all coming back to me now...

     
  • At 10:40 AM, Anonymous Crazy 4 Orangutan said…

    Awesome! Ah the memories of bargain bin pop hits. And now I need someone to actually buy that Let Loose certificate so that I no longer need feel pathetic/guity for owning two Let Loose 12" singles and an italo cover of 'Crazy For You' by Loose That!

    Waterfront's "Cry" has aged terribly but I do still like Halo James "Could Have Told You So."

     
  • At 12:22 PM, Blogger J'ason D'luv said…

    Don't feel bad, C4O, for I just got both their CDs off eBay...this year. I have to say, their self-titled first one has some great pop jams on it... "Seventeen" is a winner!

    Paul, "Cry"... I forgot that song ever existed! I recall the singer in the video being kinda boff-worthy, no?

     
  • At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Nature O'rangutan said…

    D'luv's comment inspired me to look up Waterfront on YouTube. I guess they had another single 'Nature of Love' and it's actually pretty good?! Well I like it better than 'Cry' anyway. It's tres Johnny Hates Jazz-eriffic!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rAjXo-aLBk&mode=related&search=

     
  • At 6:02 AM, Anonymous Ezekiel said…

    I fully match with whatever thing you have written.
    free online games

     
  • At 9:03 AM, Anonymous Zackary said…

    So much helpful data for me!
    free online games

     
  • At 7:42 PM, Blogger raybanoutlet001 said…

Post a Comment

<< Home