dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Friday, November 23, 2007

I'm Not Entirely Convinced NLT Aren't Actually Justin Timberlake In Teen Boy Drag

Yes, it's two boy band posts in one day.

So, while driving home from Pinkberry, KIIS-FM started playing a pop song that I assumed was Justin Timberlake, only there was something a bit off -- it sounded like five Justin Timberlakes, circa the *NSync days, like all nasally and boy band-y and shit.

Then Timbaland's vanity vocals kicked in. When it was over, the radio DJ said it was NLT [website], who are apparently a boy band comprised of 17- and 18-year-olds, and their song is called "She Said, I Said (Time We Let Go)." It's not that bad! The single is on iTunes, along with a couple other not-as-good songs by them called "Heartburn" and "That Girl."

Meanwhile, 17 and 18? More like 13 and 14. I feel like I might get arrested just from watching the video! And I dunno, given the Timbaland connection, it still sounds like Justin to me.

Labels: , ,


Post a Comment

<< Home