dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Monday, November 26, 2007

Jake Shears And Babydaddy Scissor Gary Barlow

Seems there's more to the Daily Star article where Jake Shears admitted he'd love to fill in for the ailing Howard Donald in Take That.

I found the full feature online and, after getting on the topic of the British man band, Scissor Sister Babydaddy said, “I don’t need to hear a word Gary [Barlow] says – I just love him. I know I’m not in the majority here, but I think he’s the sexiest creature ever.”

Jake Shears chimed in: “We’re not joking, he’s so cute.”

Meanwhile, this got me to thinking of one of the classiest passages from Gary's biography, My Take, which I read the other week -- when he describes how overweight and depressed he got in the early 2000s.

"I was wheezy and out of breath with even the slightest exertion. It would take me three rolls to get off the bed and I was reduced to wearing XXXL tracksuits...

...I was then 'papped' by the Daily Mirror's photographers coming out of our local pub. The article included gems like 'Back For Pud' and 'Relight My Fryer.' Of course it hurt, but their writers are clever."

"Relight My Fryer" is pretty much one of the hottest things I've ever heard.

Labels: ,

16 Comments:

  • At 1:05 AM, Blogger paul @ www.thezapping.com said…

    older more mature gary is way hot. don't spoil it by putting "who are all the pies" pics up!!

     
  • At 8:34 AM, Blogger Adem With An E said…

    Oh I almost forgive the Scissor's for their terrible album 'Ta-Dud' after reading this.

    Completely agree. Gary Barlow can relight my fryer anytime.

     
  • At 3:20 PM, Anonymous John in PA said…

    The Scissor Sisters need to go away, NOW!

     
  • At 4:07 PM, Blogger Peter Rivendell said…

    Gary Barlow is a god and always was.

     
  • At 5:42 PM, Blogger Mike said…

    I think fat, balding Gary was hot! I'm not into the new and unimproved gym fit GQ wannabe with a bad hair transplant.

     
  • At 5:51 PM, Blogger El MarvelOso said…

    Mike, I totally agree with you!

     
  • At 7:10 PM, Blogger Joshua said…

    Mm, Daddy Bear Barlow - HOT!

     
  • At 9:34 PM, Blogger Poster Girl said…

    So, after checking Wikipedia for Gary's age (not that that's ever been an obstacle, right?), I feel I can officially say I agree with Jake and Babydaddy.

     
  • At 9:47 PM, Anonymous John said…

    I'd buy the video with Jake, BD, and Gary gettin' busy. I've always liked Gary, pale skin and all.

     
  • At 11:22 PM, Blogger Moogaboo said…

    I was going to ask about Gary's hair -- that's a really good piece, or transplant, whatever it is, if the pics are to be believed.

     
  • At 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Those who are on about hair pieces and transplants you're way off. He shaved his head...he mentions it in his autobiography, he isn't bald at all!

     
  • At 5:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have always wanted to get it on with Gary, and if we were married I'd not care about the pud, but as a fan who only gets to see him through the media, I'm glad he's trimmed down, cos as a not buff 37 year old, he is SMOKIN', MIK

     
  • At 5:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    gary barlow amazing person.wonderful.

     
  • At 5:23 AM, Blogger maricris said…

    i love you idol gary barlow.

     
  • At 5:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    gary barlow is the best person in earth planet,smart and brilliant.i wish i see him in personal,i am avid fan of him.i love gary barlow.i am philippine.mmy name is cris era.

     
  • At 10:38 PM, Anonymous Domenic said…

    This can't actually work, I suppose like this.
    How To Get Rid Of Spots | Vardenafil | Buy Duromine

     

Post a Comment

<< Home