dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

New York Afternoon

D'luvvly and a few co-workers are in NYC for a few days. It's been fun so far, but I have a sinus infection, and lost my voice today.

I walked down to Union Square and had lunch in the park, then spent a relaxing couple hours zipping through Gary Barlow's bio.

Like a good pop tart, I also popped into Victoria's Secret and bought the Spice Girls' Greatest Hits! It's all about the radio edits...

In the evening I had a coffee date with the charming Andy Towle at Vynl in Chelsea (where he got to hear me croak like a frog for two hours since my voice was shot). This ain't no lie -- the place has a Justin Timberlake-themed bathroom. Like, really!

I was doin' my business (pissing, not dealing), and noticed the LoveSounds of a Justin song playing in the bathroom, but nowhere else in the diner. I tried to get a shot of the tile Timberlake mural on the other wall, but it was tearin' up my heart that the camera was out of juice. Luckily I got the doll inside the glass cabinet, staring at a JT poster.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

  • At 2:29 AM, Blogger Tricky said…

    We must be on the same cosmic wavelength, because I had dinner at Vinyl a couple of weeks ago, only I went into the Cher loo rather than the Justin one. I'm also told the Dolly is highly recommended.

    Hope that throat clears up...

     
  • At 3:26 AM, Blogger Paul said…

    ah how classy :) Gary, Spice and Justin plus photos in toilets. Suddenly i want you right now :P

     
  • At 6:50 PM, Blogger Adem IAR said…

    How are you finding the Barlow Bio? I've got to order that revised edition - i've got the old one and the cover for the new one is MUCH sexier.

     
  • At 9:37 PM, Blogger El MarvelOso said…

    Next time let me know when you're going to be here!

     
  • At 6:44 PM, Blogger J'ason D'luv said…

    Tricky, no way!! Had no idea about your history with the Cher loo/Premiere internship! Thanks for the throat wishes... It's clearing up nicely... I didn't touch a drop of alchohol, but rather drank water and tea the whole trip, so that helped... On the flight back home now, with a layover in Minneapolis.

    Pablo, I'm shivering with antici........

    Adem, Barlow was a pleasant read. I'm always amazed, though, at what droll book writers these songwriters are. I wanted him to go into more details on his manwhore days, though, after the shows during TT 1.0 He really had a down and out period, though, after his solo career fell apart in 2000... that was depressing to read all that part.

    El Marv, responded to you in a post above.

     
  • At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Lenard said…

Post a Comment

<< Home