dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Sunday, December 30, 2007

December Always Goes Out With A Bang When You Think Of Shayne Ward's Mouth

Confession time: lame-ass (arse?) lyrics aside, Shayne Ward's "Breathless" -- still hanging around at #19 on the official U.K. singles chart this week -- has really grown (groan?) on me. It's much better when you're not watching the video, because then you can make up your own scene in your mind where Shayne's face is down your pants.

That said, Sugababes drop from #13 to #17 with poor-choice-for-a-single "Change," and Kylie Minogue manages to inch up four notches to #28 with "Wow," which has found an earlier-than-planned chart life thanks to her X Factor performance a few weekends back.

I'm off to the airport to head back to sunny Southern California for the New Year. Make sure you do something sparkling during the waning final weekend of 2007!

The U.K. Top 10:

1. "When You Believe" - Leon Jackson *2 weeks*
2. "Bleeding Love" - Leona Lewis
3. "Crank That (Soulja Boy)" - Soulja Boy Tellem
4. "Apologize" - Timbaland feat. OneRepublic
5. "Rule The World" - Take That
6. "Valerie" - Mark Ronson feat. Amy Winehouse
7. "Call The Shots" - Girls Aloud
8. "Heartbroken" - T2 feat. Jodie Aysha
9. "Fairytale Of New York" - The Pogues feat. Kirsty Maccoll
10. "Goodbye Mr. A" - The Hoosiers

Labels: , , ,


  • At 3:33 PM, Blogger duanemoody.com said…

    I don't know what it is about Shayne, but he makes me weak in the knees. Maybe it's when he hits the high notes in Breathless? Regardless, I can't get enough!

  • At 7:11 PM, Blogger Trailer Trashlee said…

    "Wow" is a fantastic song by Kylie! It's so good it's almost worthy of being a bonus track on an online-only Dannii Minogue Christmas album.

    Wow wow wow WOW!

  • At 9:50 PM, Blogger Mike said…

    That is officially the worst top 10 in UK chart history. I can't stand a single song!

    Anyhoo, have a great new year Robbie. And don't spend too much time trolling the sex on premises venues in Southern California.

  • At 11:33 PM, Anonymous Posh Pussy said…

    D'Luv, darling! Vic Beckham here! Fantastic site--can't wait to see what you do in 2008! Spice and kisses from David, the boys and me. Let your head go, dear, and look for my all-acoustic club tour next year!

  • At 5:24 AM, Blogger paul @ www.thezapping.com said…

    Mike - it's a pretty bad top ten you are right! D'Luv - i had a whole thing in my head i was going to write about the charts but then you mentioned shayne's mouth and it all went a bit fuzzy. RAOR! Oh and re my last repetitive comment ~ I have absolutely no memory these days! I have even started brain training on Nintendo DS so i don't tell you for a third time i used to think your site was char-trigger.

  • At 8:01 PM, Blogger D'luv said…

    Duane, personally, he makes me wanna wear out my knees.

    TT, do you know what "Wow" spelled backwards is?

    Mike, Dammit... I wish I would have read this sooner. I've already sexed-up every hotspot in L.A. today alone!

    Posh, wow, acoustic? Maybe you can get Ashlee and Dannii to open for you.

    Pablo, I think a bit fuzzy thinking of Shayne's fuzzbox myself. so now worries.

  • At 6:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh my god, there's a great deal of helpful information here!
    also 1 | do not forget 6 | nice check superb 4 | superb here | you may 6 do not forget link | this link


Post a Comment

<< Home