dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Mark Brown And Sarah Cracknell's Haunting "Journey" Video

Here's the official video for Mark Brown featuring Sarah Cracknell, "The Journey Continues," which has been getting U.K. airplay on Radio 1.



Lovely and haunting -- I think this track is sort of in the similar vein of Robyn and Kleerup's "With Every Heartbeat." The Saint Etienne frontwoman makes a brief cameo in the video about halfway through. "The Journey Continues" gets an official release in England on February 4, and it'd be swell to see this one go straight to the top!

The highest Sarah's gotten so far in the official U.K. chart is #7 in 2000, with Paul Van Dyk's "Tell Me Why (The Riddle)," which was a collaboration with Saint Etienne.

* Also check out: Chart Rigger's interview with Sarah Cracknell

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

  • At 6:37 PM, Blogger Phil said…

    Happy Holidays Mr D'Luv! Hope Santa was kind to ya!

    I heard this tune, on Radio 1 funnily enough. The operatic sample is from an original piece being used on a TV ad. For my bank! So at the minute, I can't stand it!

    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=b3xe9dSY7zM

     
  • At 12:59 PM, Blogger Scooter said…

    Wow...love it!!!
    It's the first I had heard it.
    Thanks for introducing it to Seattle!
    Scooter

     
  • At 9:58 AM, Blogger D'luv said…

    Phil, he was indeed! Very kind. Thanks for that link -- I'd been wanting to see that commercial. I just love when Sarah keeps singing "Then the rain came down."

    Scooter, me, too! You're in Seattle? My fave U.S. city!!

     
  • At 3:41 AM, Blogger Kenneth Walsh said…

    Great song. The video -- like most things in life -- needs MORE Sarah!!!

     
  • At 8:37 PM, Blogger Trailer Trashlee said…

    Sarah's so hot in that video--I love her and her tutu twirling down the sidewalk!!!!

    But who's that old blonde HAG in the restaurant?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home