dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Thursday, December 27, 2007

What Do Blake Lewis And The Film P.S. I Love You Have In Common?

Nothing, that's what! But here's a photo of Blake Lewis and his boyfriend songwriter/OneRepublic frontman Ryan Tedder backstage on Blake's A.D.D. tour from earlier this month.

Billboard notes today that Little Fuzzy's Audio Day Dream has dropped from #32 to #44 in its third week on the album chart. Blake's album initially debuted at #10 two weeks ago.

Meanwhile, here's a classy quote from an Associated Press interview with Lewis that People has up on its website:
"I definitely don't ever want to be considered a role model. I'm just another human being who is passionate about his music and his art. If that's a role model for something, that's great, but I have a foul mouth, I'm tactless and have no shame."
I think I'm in love. Switching gears, here's some random but fun info about the Hilary Swank/Gerard Butler romantic dramady P.S. I Love You that's out now; turns out the novel the film is adapted from was written by Cecelia Ahern, who was once part of the Steps-esque pop act Shimma.

Shimma were an Irish outfit put together to compete in the 2000 Eurovision contest with the Pete Waterman-produced track "When You Are Near." The Irish Independent has a full rundown of 21-year-old Cecelia's showbiz career past, and below is a pic of the ex-pop-star-turned-novelist with Hilary Swank at the P.S. I Love You premiere earlier this month, courtesy of blog The Chancer.

The obvious moral of this story is this: keep auditioning for Eurovision, kids! Even if you don't succeed in becoming a woefully underpaid lip-syncing sensation, you'll still get to hang out at classy Hollywood soirees with women who win Oscars for playing dead trans-lesbians.

Labels: , , , , ,


  • At 12:54 AM, Blogger Poster Girl said…

    Blake! Blake Blake Blake. Blake. Blake.

    Me? One-track? Never!

    Wonder if he'll get a second single? Hope so. Though given how well the project has been handled so far, it'll probably be "I Choose Noise" or something.

    Look at that! Eurovision (or connections to it) is everywhere!

  • At 8:36 AM, Blogger paul @ www.thezapping.com said…

    well shag me sideways, ryan tedder looks distinctly unchuffable there i must say. Still with all the blog love juice pouring out for Blake I am hoping he will muster up somewhat of an upturn in sales and nudity in the new year. Ah remember Shimma? No neither did i!

  • At 1:31 PM, Anonymous 0rangu+@n! said…

    I love u B Shorty & I alwayz will!!!1!

  • At 10:42 AM, Anonymous PopMuse said…

    Blake Lewis: love the cd, but he just isnt marketable (too old?) I dunno. My eyes are on Blake's Ex-Boif Chris Richardson. I seriously hope some label gives that boy a shot, I think he can do it for reals.

  • At 10:02 AM, Blogger D'luv said…

    PG, that's it -- we're taking away your pillow with the framed Blake picture on it.

    Paul, Shimma... can't imagine how they never made it big, like Wham!

    Organg, Bshorty is kinda so three weeks ago at this point.

    Popmuse, Chris is indeed a loveable puppy. Maybe some kind pimp will take him in.

  • At 12:26 PM, Blogger AcerBen said…

    Oh God I loved that AWFUL Shimma record. Even though I only have the terrible live performance of it.


    P.S. Happy new year! Keep up the good work

  • At 3:16 AM, Anonymous Leo_Dragon said…

    For those interested, here's a mp3 of Shimma's performance at Eurovision: http://www.zshare.net/audio/6234030ff57edf/


Post a Comment

<< Home