dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Ace Of Base's Electro "Wheel Of Fortune 2008"

The old Ace Of Base UK fan site now links to a newer version, Ace Of Base Returns, where you'll find more update's than at AOB's official page.

The site offers a slew of live photos, such as the above one from a November St. Petersburg concert.

There is also a live, updated mix of Ace Of Base's "Wheel Of Fortune" floating around that's pretty rad and completely electro. No official word yet as to whether this will be a single off the forthcoming Global Remix Project album.

At first the whole "remixing old songs" thing seemed kind of sketchy, but this is pretty good. Here's a creative clip of "Wheel Of Fortune 2008" someone put together using both old and new footage of the band.



  • At 7:20 PM, Blogger Adem With An E said…


    An amazing remix of my favourite Ace Of Base song... This better be on that CD.

  • At 2:12 AM, Blogger paul @ www.thezapping.com said…

    It's ace of base though - they can do anything and i will purchase it :) Ah how i love their sweet synth sound. One day i think i did see the sign and it did open up my eyes! I was forever grateful :P

    Ew, my word verification is jizmnky

  • At 12:14 PM, Blogger D'luv said…

    Adem, rumor has it it's the first or second single off the Global Remix Project album, but no confirmation yet.

    Paul, yes, the word verification recognizes you at this point.

  • At 2:56 PM, Blogger AcerBen said…

    I'm not actually responsible for the aceofbasereturns site if that's what you're suggesting - I've just linked to it because I haven't been updating my own site very much !

    It's more or less confirmed this is going to be a single, but not sure when... funnily enough I've barely mentioned the comeback on my Pop Unlimited blog. Maybe I should! I think it's because their albums always seem at least 12 months away so if they say the album will be out in the summer I won't expect it until sometime in 2009. I'll believe it when I see it.

  • At 7:45 PM, Blogger D'luv said…

    AcerBen, yes, but it's just great that your site is still around! Remember all the ones like Teenage Heaven that have fallen by the wayside?

    I'm majorly surprised you didn't do a post on WOF2008!

  • At 1:08 AM, Anonymous Buck said…

    I will observe that I developed a this shop because taht's the web site having awfully valuable stuff to glance at.Thanks very much for information.
    4 | 4 | 6

  • At 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very useful information, thanks so much for the post.
    ... | - | have a look ... | my | ... ... | 5


Post a Comment

<< Home