dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy 2008!

See that thing to the right there? It's an "airfetti cannon." It shoots glitter and confetti out of it -- usually at concerts or dance clubs -- and I like to imagine that Britney and/or Paris were straddling one of those things around 11:59 p.m. last night in some Z-grade hotspot. Hopefully it was the same one. That said, I hope all the folks who take the time to read Chart Rigger and the other pop bloggers out there had a safe and happy New Year's Eve and Day.

I did a lot of travelling over the past week, and even got together with MoogaBoo back in Pittsburgh on Thursday, where we shot a quick New Year's greeting on the video camera. Unfortunately, my hair looks it got pummelled by an airfetti cannon, so the clip got scrapped. Sorry Moog!

We did, however, concoct a fun banterview that'll be up by the weekend, where we look ahead to the pop we'll be pinning our hopes, dreams and sarcasm to in 2008. After all, the holidays were relaxing, but it's time to get back to a schedule of regular chart rigging this week!

Santa brought some surprises in the form of Shayne Ward's Breathless CD and The Brit Box, so I'm currently in a constant flux of '90s shoegaze rock and slick Swede-produced jams. I'm also really mesmerized by the new Mark Brown and Sarah Cracknell single, "The Journey Continues" (out Feburary 4). How can one simple line -- "Then the rain came down!" -- conjure up so much urgency and excitement?

Needless to say, along with the rest of the planet, I'm feverishly counting down the days till George Bush is officially history. Hopefully he takes reality TV, Lindsay Lohan and every other bad pop culture footnote of this troubled decade with him along with his shitty, antiquated policies.

All in all, I think 2008 is gonna be pretty kick-ass. I'm looking forward to listening to some good new music while we all live through it together!



Labels: ,


  • At 11:17 PM, Blogger Jump! said…

    Glad you had a great New Years Mr D'luv. Looking forward to new posts and of course a Bush free world.

  • At 11:19 PM, Blogger Poster Girl said…

    Happy New Year!

    Yeah, there are some things in 2008 that I'm super excited (/worried) about, the election definitely being one of them. Here's hoping for a great year of music and a great year of everything else as well!

    I'm looking forward to the banterview!

  • At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Sir Pabz said…

    Happy New Year me old kipper! Missed you at Hed Kandi on NYE but I'll show you the photos and you can laugh until you turn blue...like the wig I was wearing. Here's to a very grand old New Year to yourselfChartRigger, Britterz and Wineo. Sugababes and GAloud keep on truckin.

  • At 1:44 PM, Blogger paul @ www.thezapping.com said…

    I'm a little jealous that there is a sir pabz! Happy new year l'il dude! Hope 2008 brings you all your ace wishes! Vegas road trip!

  • At 6:56 PM, Blogger Adem With An E said…

    I too think this year is going to be much better than the last. A friend of mine has even dubbed the year as "Two Thousand And Great." Hopefully she's right!

    I really, really want an airfetti cannon.

  • At 11:31 PM, Anonymous mr. kraft-stickers said…

    happy 2008, mr. d'luv. may your rigging be charty and here's to waxing poetic on the popwrecks and scandal of aught-8. x mr. k-s

  • At 3:39 PM, Blogger Joshua said…

    The difference between you and I was I was hoping for a Brit Box-FREE Christmas. I've had enough of her flashing her vajayjay everywhere she goes like a meth-mouthed daytime hooker!


Post a Comment

<< Home