dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Sunday, January 06, 2008

Natalie Imbruglia Splits From Her Husband

First off, I got the old lady Natalie Imbruglia's Glorious: The Singles 1997 - 2007 for Christmas, and the five new songs on there are pretty rad. The '80s-sounding, Blondie-esque "Be With You" and eerie "Amelia" are especially worth checking out. But anyway, it's sad to hear that Natalie and husband Daniel Johns of Silverchair have split after four years of marriage. That picture of the two of them to the right was apparently only taken about a week and a half ago.

Back when I was working at the E! Entertainment channel, Natalie came and filmed a taped performance in the lobby. I held her bottled water for her in between songs. I think she winked at me, and had I played my cards right, I could have worked myself into a cushy David Gest-type position. Christ, the classy opportunities that have slipped through my fingers...

This was in March of 2002, when White Lilies Island was released. Kylie Minogue's Fever was just out as well, and the U.S. press was pitting the two Aussie babes and former Neighbours stars against each other.

Anyway, "Beauty On The Fire" was always one of my favorite songs off White Lilies Island, and it's also on the Glorious singles collection.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 7:43 AM, Blogger paul @ www.thezapping.com said…

    Natalie is one of Darrens (Dazpants not Hayes) favourite artists so at first i thought i would love her by default. But actually she has put out some really great songs including Beauty On The Fire and the wordy That Day. Aces. I wish she got more recognition for her musical abilities because their is so much more to her than Torn...

     
  • At 8:33 AM, Blogger xolondon said…

    When that dude was young he looked just like Jodie Foster! Now he's a bit hard looking...

    My fave Nat song is Smoke... why-ay-ay-ayyyy

     
  • At 8:55 AM, Blogger El MarvelOso said…

    I didn't give White Lilies Island a chance because it was copy protected and I couldn't but it to iTunes. Is the Hit copy protected?

    I do like the song you posted.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home