dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Monday, February 04, 2008

All Posh Things Must Come To An End: Spice Girls Interrupted

Hopes smashed to the floor, shattered teenage dreams... So goes the demise of the Spice Girls reunion tour, cut short by four months thanks to Victoria "Posh" Beckham. Seems she wanted out early -- not only of the tour, but the entire music biz altogether -- and that's the final word on the lingering hope of any new Spice tunes in the future. Quite frankly, as I'd already seen the concert back in December, the whole Spice Girl reunion seemed so, well, 2007! Sorry, Australia, China, etc.

Here's what the stick-like Spice ho had to blather:
"I was very nervous about going back into the Spice Girls because I didn't want to send out a confused message. The reason I decided to do the tour was to show my kids that mummy was a pop star once. I've been thinking about this for a long time. I'm not in the music industry any more. I'm in the fashion industry. I'm putting together a team of people now so it will be my main project when I finish this tour in a month."
Well, you know, at least she topped Mr. Blackwell's worst-dressed list this year, when all was said and done.

ALSO SEE:
* Chart Rigger's Spice Girls concert review

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

  • At 7:59 PM, Blogger Mike said…

    Good riddance!

     
  • At 9:36 PM, Anonymous shaun said…

    Kind of a bummer to know that there may not be future tours/tunes. I just saw them in Boston, and it was just a lot of fun...

     
  • At 10:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't like her cause she's unnaturally skinny. She's like bumps and bones, honey. Tits with a blonde wig hanging off a skeleton.

     
  • At 1:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just came.

     
  • At 5:10 AM, Blogger paul @ www.thezapping.com said…

    i think mike said it all. She's in fashion? PURLEASE> silly skinny bad role model media whore

     
  • At 10:39 AM, Anonymous Wannaorangutan said…

    Posh is really creepy looking now. Personally I'm looking forward to watching her descend further into Jocelyne Wildenstein-territory as the years go on.

     
  • At 6:37 PM, Blogger D'luv said…

    Mike, she'll miss you.

    Shaun, but at least you got to see them. Some people only get stds from them.

    Anonymous, please leave my mom out of this.

    Anonymous #2, okay, no worries... I'll just finish myself off then go.

    Paul, that reminded me of the Suede song - "She's In Fashion!"

    WannaO, me, too! Let's hope she ends up looking like a cat and eats her own tuna dish.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home