dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Thursday, February 14, 2008

You Cruel Bastards All Made Heidi Montag Cry!

After rocking Western culture to its very foundation last week with her music video for "Higher" [watch here], Hills star Heidi Montag's magnum opus continues be a sensation on iTunes and in headlines. The cover of the new issue of Us Weekly contains the shocker, "Heidi's Video Shame: 'I Cried Myself To Sleep'". And what's the best way to put drama like that behind you? Sit down with a tabloid for a four-page interview all about it, of course! "I think it has made more of an impact than any music video has in years," Montag tells the rag.

That's the attitude -- don't listen to the haters, trinket!
Here are more pearls of wisdom from the aspiring pop damsel's interview:

"We expected people to realize that this was the first music video I've ever been in. We did it in one take, maybe two, and it took us 20 minutes to film and cost us zero dollars."

"We don't need a budget or a director. Madonna's done a song like that on the beach. Janet Jackson has. Same with Paris Hilton."

Heidi's boyfriend Spencer Pratt (i.e., the director): "I don't think I need to defend it. It's a piece of art."

"I want people who have said negative things to eventually be my biggest fans."

"I just couldn't understand why people I didn't even know felt the need to be so cruel and hurtful toward me. I am just a 21-year-old from a small town in Colorado trying to follow her dreams."

"My sister loves 'Higher' and has it as her ringtone. But my mom said it wasn't her favorite song..."

"I can't say too much, but my next single is coming out soon and will be a little bit more planned. It's a party track and I think that people will really enjoy it."

ALSO SEE:
* Heidi's other song, "Body Language," which is actually a total jam!

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

  • At 7:23 PM, Blogger Mike said…

    As far as I'm concerned, Heidi is the new Queen of American pop! Who needs the old Vampyre (c) or fucked up Britney when you can soothe your ears listening to this stunning diva? I agree with Heidi's boyfriend - the video is a work of art!

     
  • At 8:26 PM, Blogger Tasty Travels said…

    you should borrow her pink bikini for your next video blog...

     
  • At 8:54 PM, Blogger Trailer Trashlee said…

    LOVES IT!

    Heidi Soapbox!!!!!! TOTAL.

     
  • At 9:01 PM, Anonymous take it down, down said…

    YES, YES!! OH GOD, YES!!

    HEIDI-GASM!!!

     
  • At 6:43 AM, Blogger Poster Girl said…

    So, is her video actually getting played on TV? Because that would be sort of fantastic (and not to sound all one track mind or anything, but why couldn't she have released this back in '07 so Blake wouldn't end up with the title of cheapest-looking video of the year? Though at least she admits it...).

     
  • At 6:46 AM, Blogger John said…

    That is the scariest screenshot ever. She looks like the Crypt Keeper with spray-on skin and pink napkins strategically placed. Wow.

     
  • At 7:02 AM, Blogger Yuяi said…

    Hmmm, let's see. Is that ho-bag comparing her trophy boyfriend's camera-phone directing to Herb Ritz?

    Priceless!

     
  • At 9:35 AM, Blogger D'luv said…

    Mike -- Hear! Hear! I've become obsessed with Heidi's work like no other pop star in recent years. Just thinking about her next project sees me shiver with antici....

    Tasty T's, plus I have that blonde wig!

    TT, Heidi probably uses Ivory soap on her box.

    TIDD, give in to Heidi! Let her spend you.

    PG, no, I think it's just one of those "internet sensations." Apparently it premiered on Us Weekly's website and Yahoo last week, and all the negative comments she was crying over were the ones posted on Us Weekly's site. It's also available on iTunes, and at some point in recent days, the single was at #7 there.

    John, let me just say that the Heidi Montag video is a treasure trove of screen captures. Even the Us interview, in the actual magazine, went crazy finding some of the best ones.

    Yuri, I know!! I thought the same thing!! And I love how she thinks her song and video is as good as "Cherish," or the more masterful "Stars Are Blind."

     
  • At 9:42 AM, Blogger Adem With An E said…

    That screenshot looks like Celine Dion after rigor mortis has set in.

    Hot.

     
  • At 7:49 PM, Anonymous JEEPERS said…

    i'M GETTING TIRED OF PEOPLE PICKING ON POOR HEIDI.LETS FACE IT ,THE GIRL'S GOT POTENTIAL.I SAY FORGET THE SINGING ,GET OUT ON 7TH AVE.AND DO WHAT GOD REALLY PUT YOU ON THIS EARTH FOR . LOVE U HEIDI....

     
  • At 8:30 PM, Blogger D'luv said…

    Celine probably touched her music ditch when she saw it.

    Jeepers, hear, hear! Heidi's so sad right now, she probably has no idea there's some one-eyed, gold-toothed pimp smoking a crack pipe who's dying to make her acquaintance. I ♥ New York!

     
  • At 4:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    whore

     
  • At 7:16 AM, Anonymous Theodore said…

    I found a great deal of helpful information in this post!
    free games

     

Post a Comment

<< Home