dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Look Out, Madge And Mariah: This Spring's Log Jam Of Diva Releases Just Got A Lot Sexier

That's right! Look which disco hooker's got an album full of sexy jams out on May 20 -- Donna Summer. And she's got rainbow hair.

Sure, they Photoshopped about 3,000 years off Donna's mug here, but who cares -- her album is called Crayons!

In the press release, Donna says, "My dream is that when people hear the music it will remind them of their youth, their childhood and the joy and wonderment they felt exploring their first pack of Crayons.” Baby, my dream is that when I hear this trash, I'll put on my stiletto heels, snort a line of glitter and start doing gazelle kicks up and down the sidewalk outside!

The best part is that Donna worked with Greg Kurstin, who co-wrote and produced Kylie Minogue's "Wow" and "No More Rain," Lily Allen's "Alfie" and All Saints' "Rocksteady."

JR Rotem
, who produced Rihanna's "SOS" and who banged Britney Spears, worked on Crayons as well, along with Evan Bogart, son of Donna's old Casablana Records label boss, Neil Bogart (Evan also co-wrote "SOS.")

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • At 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Let's hope that this set is more "Another Place and Time" and less "Mistaken Identity"!!! Still, it will be nice to hear an actual singer for a change!

     
  • At 11:19 PM, Blogger Moogaboo said…

    I think Kurstin did some work for Sophie E-B, too. Majorly excited about Donna's return, even though the teaser "I'm a Fire" is a bit meh. (The Solitaire mix is great, though.)

     
  • At 12:52 AM, Blogger Ray said…

    I hope to hear some real songs for a change. Not sure I want to hear Disco, so I hope it's more than that. I love I'm a Fire tho. Woo hoo.

     
  • At 2:12 PM, Blogger Joshua said…

    What's her next album going to be called? Potty?

     
  • At 7:00 PM, Blogger D'luv said…

    Anon, I'm all about Another Place And Time... it's where I'd like to be everytime Donna Summer puts out new music.

    MBoo, Yes! He did "Catch You" or "Catch Me" or "Catch My Me You."

    Ray, haven't heard it yet, but got a disc of its remixes sitting right here. Must play, must play...

    Joshua, maybe Fist?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home