dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Madonna And Mariah Duke It Out On iTunes

Timbaland! No!! Put down the old woman with the bad English accent! Those aren't Chips Ahoy -- they're just the dark circles around her eyes!

Madonna and Mariah Carey are set to slug it out this week on U.S. iTunes, as both the pop dames' lead singles off each of their forthcoming LPs became available. Mariah got the upper hand, as "Touch My Body" was thrown onto the online music store sometime Monday afternoon (along with pre-orders of E=MC²), while Madge's "4 Minutes" went up shortly before midnight, as did pre-orders of Hard Candy.

After so many listens to Mimi's piano jam, I'm kind of over it. But "4 Minutes" is still giving me downstairs sparkle.

Meanwhile, is it just me, or does Timbaland have Nelly Furtado, Justin Timberlake, Tweet and Missy shoved up his T-shirt in that pic?

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

  • At 8:30 AM, Blogger El MarvelOso said…

    He's absorbing her!

     
  • At 12:33 PM, Blogger John said…

    I think it's called "keeping your meal tickets close". Either that, or she's had so much surgery that she just started melting upon contact.

     
  • At 5:49 PM, Blogger Paul said…

    either way she looks fucking awful. But then Mariah has the body of a tranny. I am quite digging both tunes right now. Note to self, never say "digging"

     
  • At 9:46 PM, Anonymous Tablo Mesa said…

    As long as the "old woman" still puts out great music, I'll listen. I don't see why age is brought into it.

     
  • At 9:51 PM, Blogger D'luv said…

    Well said, Tablo! Age ain't nuthin' but a number, after all. Who writes this goddamn shit, anyway?

    Pablo, diggin', diggin', diggin', I"m diggin' on you.

    John, I wonder if she had her Vadge restored to its orginal position...you know, where it was 368 f***s ago.

    El Marv, that pic is truly an anomoly.

     
  • At 10:41 PM, Blogger Kenneth Walsh said…

    I'll bet Madonna would give you $1.5 million to destroy this photo. (Heck, I might even chip in a few bucks.)

     
  • At 12:37 PM, Blogger Joshua said…

    WOW. if that isn't the most amazing picture of Madge, there really isn't one! From the eyes on swoll to the haphazardly colored lips to her thinning hair... loves it!

    Aaaand... Mariah FTW!

     
  • At 9:49 PM, Blogger Moogaboo said…

    Re: "4 Minutes," I've kind of lost interest already. I guess I'm still burnt out on JT from last year. But if it gets Midge a hit, that's nice.

     
  • At 8:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Goodness, there is a great deal of effective data in this post!
    nice check | superb here | this 4 check here | also 4 | check site good 2 | you may 8

     

Post a Comment

<< Home