dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Friday, March 21, 2008

The Week That Was: March 21, 2008

I got a press release stating Kelly Rowland's Ms. Kelly is being re-released Tuesday, but only on iTunes and other digital stores. Newsflash, baby: no one's buyin' this shit the second time around, either!


This is probably spurred on by the recent chart success in Europe of the "Work" remix. Anyway, here's the biz:
Ms. Kelly: Diva Deluxe premieres five new Kelly Rowland tracks as well as remixes of Kelly's co-compositions "Come Back" (Karmatronics Remix) and "Like This" featuring Eve, a Redline Remix of Kelly's international smash and #1 Billboard Hot Dance Club Play recording.

"The tracks on Diva Deluxe are too hot to hold onto," said Kelly Rowland, "so I decided to release them digitally so my fans could get into them as soon as possible. I hope everyone enjoys the new songs as much as I did recording them."

Stripper, get back to what you're good at -- starring as fifth banana in Friday The Thirteenth movies!

****
Congrats to viral sensation Tay Zonday, who won in the Music category of the second annual YouTube Awards for his video, "Chocolate Rain."

Dreamy! I stumbled upon Tay's cover of Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up" last year, and that's when I realized -- yeah, I'd hit it.



****
Ferras, whose album was released digitally last week (CD out April 1) appeared on TRL Monday. Here are pics, courtesy of ONTD:



I can't really find a vid clip anywhere, and I did see someone complaining on his MySpace blog that maybe they cut his bit?

****
Michael Stipe made an important announcement today, regarding the sexuality of R.E.M. bandmates Mike Mills and Peter Buck:


Sexy.

****

Billboard reported that last year's American Idol diva, Sanjaya Malakar, moved to Los Angeles recently with his sister "to work on music and hone his sound." Something tells me the only sound Sanjaya's gonna hone is how loud to scream for grandpa's cash at Numbers. The 18-year-old also contributed a chapter to Chicken Soup For The American Idol Soul. Damn, the sky's the limit for this kid. Equally inspiring: "[Bo Bice, fourth season runner-up] is promoting his second album, See the Light. Released on an independent label and available exclusively through Walmart, the CD returns Bice to his southern rocker roots."

****
Finally, can I get a big WTF!? for Easter being so early this year? G.D. equinox. I'm gonna let Miss Pussy loose on that bunny if I see it.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

11 Comments:

  • At 4:38 PM, Blogger El MarvelOso said…

    I wonder if Kelly will lose her deal. Embarrassing to have to redo an album.

     
  • At 5:39 PM, Blogger John said…

    The new Kelly Rowland single isn't too bad, and I actually heard it on the radio yesterday, but yeah, you could put $50 bills in that CD and it's still not gonna sell. But I am liking the Ferras CD.

     
  • At 5:52 PM, Anonymous Danielle said…

    Don't worry, I'll buy Sanjaya's album!

     
  • At 8:03 PM, Blogger Poster Girl said…

    I cannot STAND John Mayer--I want that on record, 'k?--but ever since I saw a bit on Best Week Ever of him and one of the regulars "remixing" "Chocolate Rain" (i.e., using the title and adlibbing in the beat of "Say It Right"), I haven't been able to see anything about Tay Zonday or John Mayer without that version popping in my head. I don't go in for...what's it called--"scatological humor," but it's catchy.

    Anyway, WHAT? Ferras cut out of TRL? Conspiracy!

     
  • At 6:44 AM, Blogger Paul said…

    Apparently it's the earliest easter since 1913 or something. Stupid Lunar Cycle...

    How dare they cut Ferras. I am practically expostulating all over his album. It's very ace. Much like his hair.

    Happy Easter to you and your pussies...

     
  • At 9:24 AM, Blogger Toddy said…

    Kelly Rowland is a whore. I need to bathe.

    Ferras is great but he needs to take those bolts out of his ear. Who is promoting this guy? He's got 10 lives.

    Bo Bice is the antiChrist.

     
  • At 9:29 PM, Blogger Scooter said…

    I kind of guessed that some of the band members of REM might be straight. I'll still listen to them, though.

     
  • At 10:11 PM, Blogger D'luv said…

    El Marv, well, probably less embarassing than watching it completely popzy-doodle-flop the first time. I'm sure she's still got hope for it's second chance.

    John, glad you're a Ferras convert!

    Danielle, fuck, I was worried. Thanks for easing that tension.

    PG, I was wondering if that was some kind of toilet humor trash. I'm pretty naive about that stuff...angel that I am.

    Paul, thanks! Hope you had some nice eggs shoved in your basket, luv.

    Toddy, marry me?

    Scooter, tolerance, my chylde.

     
  • At 6:28 PM, Anonymous John from PA said…

    D'luv,

    Do you remember last year when I said that the best part of that Friday the 13th movie was when Kelly Rowland's character was killed? You pretty much tried to rip me a new asshole, and here you are doing basically the same thing!
    Good thing I totally agree with you.

    Really though, I've said this before: Kelly Rowland is to Destiny's Child, as Mary Wilson is/was to The Supremes. There is only one star in each of those groups.

     
  • At 8:32 PM, Blogger D'luv said…

    JOP, of course I remember our sass about Kelly R. I believe I told you "not to mess with Miss K, or she'll get all serial killer on your ass."

    Of course, I should have clarified by saying her broke ass would pull a shank out of her weave and cut a bitch.

     
  • At 4:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Quite effective info, thank you for the post.
    also site | look 7 | also 4 you may 7 | this site | look 7 this 2 | good 1

     

Post a Comment

<< Home