dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Cyndi Lauper Works With Kleerup, Basement Jaxx And Dragonette On New Album

Here's the cover of Cyndi Lauper's upcoming album, Bring Ya To The Brink. My first thought was, This looks familiar...

...then I realized it's totally a throwback to the back cover of her 1983 smash, She's So Unusual, with the Vincent Van Gogh Starry Night shoes!

Bring Ya To The Brink is set to be released May 27, the same week the second True Colors tour kicks off, and the press notes reveal Cyndi co-wrote and co-produced the entire album. But the best part is all the hot co-producers she worked with -- Cyndi's gone all Scandi-pop!

Here's the tracklisting, and I've noted the collaborators on each one, except for "Lyfe," which isn't listed (though this is apparently the song with lyric the album title comes from):

1. "High & Mighty" (Scumfrog)
2. "Into The Night Life" (Peer Astrom of Murlyn)
3. "Rocking Chair" (Basement Jaxx)
4. "Echo" (Peer Astrom)
5. "Lyfe"
6. "Same Old Story" (Rich Morel)
7. "Raging Storm" (Rich Morel)
8. "Lay Me Down" (Kleerup)
9. "Give It Up" (Digital Dog)
10. "Set Your Heart" (Rich Morel)
11. "Grab A Hold" (Dragonette)
12. "Rain On Me" (Axwell)

Labels: , , , ,

10 Comments:

  • At 8:45 PM, Anonymous tyler said…

    i live for cyndi. often experimental, her music is always at least interesting and daring. it will be great to her this record, which promises to be more modern than her past few albums.

    she's amazing, a fireball live - catch her on the true colors tour - you'll have a blast.

     
  • At 9:25 PM, Blogger John said…

    I am in awe of the producers, and I haven't heard even a sample of this yet, although I think I read something about Morel playing one of his tracks in NYC earlier this month. This will be my first Cyndi purchase in a LONG time.

     
  • At 1:39 AM, Blogger Adem With An E said…

    Good lord; how FIERCE does this whole package look/sound?! Love the cover, and the production list is somewhat heavenly... Amazing stuff.

     
  • At 1:41 AM, Blogger Mike said…

    WOW! I can't wait for this. I LOVE Cyndi and it looks like she's finally surrounded herself with the right people!

     
  • At 9:16 AM, Blogger Poster Girl said…

    Ooo, she really has gone all Scandipop! Mark me down as intrigued.

    ...I should really listen to her work beyond "Time After Time" and "Girls Just Want To Have Fun" (both of which I love, but "Time After Time" needs special mention), shouldn't I?

     
  • At 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The most underrated singer songwriter of this generation. Cyndi is pure talent and a great supporter of the Gay Community! I can't wait for the new album. LOVE HER!!!!!

     
  • At 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cyndi Lauper is flawless. That's all that needs to be said.

     
  • At 12:26 PM, Anonymous shanaynay lachild said…

    props 2 sin-dee for not dressing up like an ole granny hooker like some of the other broads putting records out now (see above post!)

     
  • At 2:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOVE this album! I bought the Japanese import just so I could have it a week early. Easily, my favorite album this year. Go out and buy it!

     
  • At 5:54 AM, Anonymous Stefan said…

    Good Job! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home