dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Friday, April 04, 2008

It's Chart Rigger In Italiano!

Hey, cats, I'm in Italy for the next week and a half. This is the D'luvvly view out my hotel window, in Florence (with the Duomo in the upper right).

Needless to say, since I traveled all Wednesday night and Thursday, I didn't get to do the usual Thursday chart post. But it seems as if there was some uproar of Mariah's "purchase" of her latest #1 in the comments of that one, so there you go! Check said post for the major activity this week. As well, Natasha Bedingfield's "Pocketful Of Sunshine" slips into the Top 40 at #38.

Just as a matter of record, below is this week's Top 10 on Billboard's Hot 100. UPDATE: Okay, just a word on this whole controversy of Island "buying" Mariah's chart position that's popped up in the comments of the prior write-up -- kids, Leona Lewis and Madonna are behind her for a week, so let's get over it. Island picked a release date for "Touch My Body," put it on iTunes, and 300,000 folks downloaded it. Showbiz will go on and all three bitches will be rich while you and I are not.

I'm heading off to Tuscany on Saturday, where I'll be till next Friday, and will probably post more regularly from there. Ciao!

The U.S. Top 10:

1. "Touch My Body" - Mariah Carey *1 week*
2. "Love In This Club" - Usher Feat. Young Jeezy
3. "4 Minutes" - Madonna Feat. Justin Timberlake
4. "Bleeding Love" - Leona Lewis
5. "No Air" - Jordin Sparks Duet With Chris Brown
6. "Sexy Can I" - Ray J & Young Berg
7. "Lollipop" - Lil Wayne Feat. Static Major
8. "With You" - Chris Brown
9. "Love Song" - Sara Bareilles
10. "Low" - Flo Rida Feat. T-Pain

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

  • At 5:42 AM, Anonymous Vitto said…

    damn... I'm in oslo until june, otherwise I could have met you and maybe teach you some italian... my boy lives in empoli, just a few kms from firenze! have a nice stay and take care!

     
  • At 7:26 AM, Blogger Paul said…

    oh you little jetsetter :) Enjoy little italy and take lots of photos of you topless :P

     
  • At 8:48 AM, Blogger Poster Girl said…

    Italy! Fantastic! Have a great time!

     
  • At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you for that clarification on the Mariah issue. It got to the Top 20 via airplay and #1 via sales. Whats with all hate?

     
  • At 6:51 PM, Blogger John said…

    Have a great time in Italy, and bring us back some cheap little tschotkes.

     
  • At 3:00 AM, Anonymous also anonymous said…

    the reason for the hate on mariah is that the song has been out for like two months, and the record company tried to rig it so that people would try to download it in one week to buy the #1 on billboard. it's down to #4 on itunes now and falling like a stone. the song simply sucks and it simply can't compete with the real hits by madonna, leona lewis, etc!

     
  • At 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    what absolute shit.,... like, forreals.

    Shes no.3 and rising on airplay, she's sold 300k downloads in one week, get over it.

    Your argument is invalid cos if u look at it, Madonna jumped right to no.3 from the 60s. Mariah had more downloads than Madonna did so even if Mariah had of released it a while ago or been in madonnas position, she woulda gone to no.1 eitherway. People like the song, they bought it. Simple as.

    People are never happy with mariahs success....theyll always try find fault. Right now she's a hit on radio, a hit in sales, HOW are u gonna criticse that? If Madonna was no.1 with the same stats she'd be hailed as 'the queen' and mariah would be laughed at.

    I dont really like touch my body. I think its weak. but if people like it then fair enough. if shes charted well then fair enough. Congrats to her...shes earned it.

     
  • At 1:28 AM, Blogger D'luv said…

    Vitto, alas, I've left Firenze for the week and am now in Lucca for some business -- but will be back in Firenze next weekend before flying back to California! Hope you're enjoying Oslo!

    Paul, well, I am going hiking today...I don't know about topless, though. That's a rare occasion that usually only happens during Austin City Limits!

    PG, thanks! Already doing so!

    Anonymous, haters keep on hatin'...

    John, and by that, do you mean all the hot 20-year-old cops strolling around?

    AA, yes, and Madonna/her label are doing the same thing by holding the video back on iTunes till the week after Mariah came out. That's showbiz!

    Anonymous #2, thanks for agreeing with me. It's hard to be the only voice of reason sometimes, isn't it? I never really got the disklike for "Touch My Body" -- I think it's great pop. Then again, I like Heidi Montag's songs, so what the hell do I know...

     
  • At 2:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    this album is amazing. i listened it here: http://lavamus.com/Album/2455463/Sara_Bareilles/Little_Voice__Special_Edition_/mp3/

     
  • At 12:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It cannot have effect as a matter of fact, that's exactly what I suppose.
    nice 1 | superb 9 | check 1 do not forget 9 | also here | superb link nice 9 | you may 2

     

Post a Comment

<< Home