dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Kylie Throws On Her Wig, Dances With The Stars

Here's Kylie Minogue doing "All I See" and "Can't Get You Out Of My Head" on Dancing With The Stars tonight.



You just know she was sitting in the green room thinking, Christ, the shit I gotta do when I come to America! Then she probably made her assistant phone ahead to Chateau Marmont to ensure there'd be a stiff drink on hand the second she stepped out of the town car.

Meanwhile, gotta love Kylie's Freddie Mercury garb in the second clip!

Now that X is back on U.S. iTunes, it's zipping up the album chart at the online store. Today in my weekly Towleroad column, I posted the video of Matt Lauer's interview with Kylie on the Today Show yesterday.

Labels:

7 Comments:

  • At 5:39 AM, Blogger xolondon said…

    All I See was kinda weak and the wig was shite! She did redeem herself on the second song, which I have never heard.

    haha
    And I hope the poor girl is not staying at Chateau Marmont!

     
  • At 6:32 AM, Blogger Cristián said…

    Talking about Euro-divas, in US she's completely unknown, but in Italy, if you put Madonna and Oprah together, you get what for Italians has always been the #1 national pop culture diva "Raffaella Carra" (total legend also in Spain and across Latinamerica).

    Raffaella's hair is one of her trademarks, and seems to be what Kylie took as inspiration for this wig attack she showed last night.

    Check her out and compare yourself at:
    http://static.blogo.it/pinkblog/Amore_amore.jpg

     
  • At 6:49 AM, Blogger Mike said…

    Oh I wrote about this too! I particularly loved "All I See", despite the fact that they fucked up the audio. The transsexual hooker get-up gave me wood... and I'm not usually into that kind of thing!!

     
  • At 8:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow doesn't she look like a skank and a half.. Just give up Kylie your such a try hard, no one here likes you any more...

     
  • At 10:53 AM, Blogger John said…

    The performance of "All I See" was a little rough, but hopefully it gets her some exposure. Then again, I thought the same thing about Scissor Sisters when they showed up on the show (the only other time I've seen DWTS), and we know how that turned out. The Today show interview was great, but if this is the extent of her promotion, the CD is going to do even worse than "Body Language". I don't even think that one went Tin here in the US.

     
  • At 9:25 AM, Blogger Adem With An E said…

    She performed All I See the following night on that The Late, Late Show which was MUCH easier to watch and listen to. Same routine, except this time around she'd actually figured out what that routine was.

     
  • At 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I read really much worthwhile data in this post!
    . | 3 | 4 2 | this | look 2 | .

     

Post a Comment

<< Home