dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Mariah Claws, Scratches And Squeals Her Way Through Idol Gives Back

At first this performance seemed like dullsville, but then watch! Marvel at Mimi pawing at the sky like a wild, untamed kitten of desire as she shrieks each syllable! Scratch, bad girl, scratch!!



You know, for the longest time now, I just assumed Mariah couldn't hit those upper register squeal-notes anymore, the ones she used to belt out with ease on her early jams. But no! The payoff at the end of "Fly Like A Bird" here will shatter your contact lenses.

Also, she's looking pretty slim. It's like she washed down a bucket of TrimSpa with her memosas every day for a year. Whatever she did, I wanna try it!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

  • At 2:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's the beauty of a Mariah Carey performance - you're on the edge of your seat wondering if she'll hit or back off from those high notes. But she always delivers - she's unstoppable.

     
  • At 9:09 AM, Blogger John said…

    This must have been at the very end, because my DVR cut out (of course). I actually love this song, and thought it was the best song on "Mimi". She was a bit overpowered by the mix, but overall, she was alright. And yeah...she actually has a waist. What's up with that?

     
  • At 9:55 AM, Blogger xolondon said…

    A few comments: 1) I love that song and there is nothing close to it on the new CD. It is old school Mariah at her best. 2) She looks so much thinner and younger! I wonder if she had her boobs reduced. If so, wise move. Now all she needs to do is cut the hair a little bit shorter.

    I'm impressed! I am also impressed that you saw this in Italy when I didn't even see it in America.

     
  • At 10:21 AM, Blogger Ben said…

    You must have heard something I did not hear. She sounded TERRIBLE. I swear, I hit record so I could listen again and consulted a buddy who's a HUGE Mariah fan. We think she's doing drugs, a la Whitney. Hence the weird tone of her voice outside of the squealing, and the overall weakness. Lots of scratching and cracking throughout the song. Signs of cocaine abuse....

     
  • At 2:42 PM, Blogger Joshua said…

    Girl!! I was prosletatin' on the floor and speaking in tongues after the last third of that performance! Eeeeeeee-sus Christ indeed!!!!

     
  • At 7:27 PM, Blogger Mike said…

    I don't know what's wrong with me but I'm actually starting to like Whoriah! I think it's only because she's not a complete lifeforce sapping bore like Madonna and Leona.

     
  • At 10:58 AM, Anonymous Norman said…

    To my mind one and all ought to look at this.
    liked it | my website | site

     

Post a Comment

<< Home