dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Saturday, April 05, 2008

My Two Cents On Madonna's "4 Minutes" Video

Thar Madge blows!



First off, the "4 Minutes" vid -- pretty rad. It's got three icons of pop and some great dancing, so what else do you need? Even the CGI effects don't suck too bad. And, yeah, instead of faux-kissing Justin Timberlake at the end, Madonna should be tonguing Timbaland's fruity butt for giving her a big hit again. "4 Minutes" is now the top downloaded single on iTunes.

Of course, it's pretty hot that Madge is now lit in all promos by 15 candles and a searchlight. As for all the flirty bumping and grinding and stripping between JT and Madonna, sure, it'd be easy to get all grossed out by it -- what with the 20-something year age difference -- but what else were they gonna do? She's a one-track sex machine, and he's a boy whore, so if they didn't fully go for it in the video, it'd be kinda lame.

What is nasty is Justin's scruff...this ain't no Fu Manchu flick. And it looks like the Material Senior's never gonna take off those boots.

By the way, does anyone else think the horns in this trash sound like Black Box's "Everybody Everybody"?

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

  • At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The video is alright but the dancing is horrible. I don't even think what Madonna does could be called dancing its more like spasms and yoga-in-motion. She needs to ditch Jamie King and find a new choreographer.
    A+ on the cosmetic surgery though.

     
  • At 4:17 PM, Blogger Cristián said…

    Funny you bring up the horns thing, because while it didn't ring any Black Box's bells on my end (yet); what I did found them since day one very reminiscent of is actually - ok, are you all sitting down?, I hope you forgive me - Bill Conti's horns in that ever painful "Gonna Fly Now (Theme from Rocky)" song.

    I actually have been suspecting all this time that's probably where they took the inspiration from to produce the song and to come up with the "boxing" theme in the art direction of this latest incarnation of hers.

     
  • At 10:13 AM, Blogger Adem With An E said…

    You're COMPLETELY right about Justin's fuzz. And the whole 'stocking for a hard winter' outfit he's got going as well. Maybe it was quite cold on set and Madonna, going through The Menopause, was having a severe case of hot flushes and was able to parade about in her jocks?

     
  • At 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Madonna is the rapper, Justin is the hook girl, Timba has his usual role. It's strangely subversive and not obvious at first, but I kept asking myself...why did she let Justin sing the hook? I still like the video over the song.

    Ben

     
  • At 5:24 PM, Blogger Poster Girl said…

    Just a general ditto re: the Justin comments--not pleased with the facial hair or outfit. I'm sure that's because I liked his vocals more than usual--he had to take away something for giving us that. Apparently it's too much to ask that I like his voice and look at the same time again.

    Minor complaint, though!

     
  • At 6:21 PM, Blogger John said…

    I'm not completely sold on the video. I mean, the effects are great, and the visual aspect of it is awesome, but really, where's the payoff at the end? I just didn't get it. Having said that, I'm still big on the track, and I'm wondering if she might actually pull off having two CDs in a row that I will actually like. She hasn't done that with me since the early 90s.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home