dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The New X-Files Movie: I Want To Believe!

If you don't know by now, D'luv is a major X-Files nut. I know, I know. My heart is truly in the '90s. What can you do. Something about the creepy show grabs me by the manhood and drags me into its dark mystique.

Today show creator Chris Carter revealed the title of the forthcoming July 25 film to be X-Files: I Want To Believe. Hot. That's the slogan that was emblazoned across the poster hanging in Mulder and Scully's office for the 9-season run of the program.

I didn't mention it here, but at the end of March, just before my trip to Italy, I went the Paley Festival here in L.A., and attended a reunion panel of former X-Files writers, producers and actor alumni -- which included Chris Carter, Nicholas Lea ("Alex Krycek") and Mitch Pileggi ("Skinner").

Here's the retrospective video they played at the event -- note all the crazy X-Phile shipper chicks getting all weepy at the end (and admittedly, I got choked up, too!):



And I'm not kidding -- some broad literally stood up during the audience Q&A and was like, "I just wanted to say that I watch the show and vibe to [David] Duchovny every night. Thank you."

I was fortunate enough to see the trailer for the movie twice -- and you can see the trailer that some naughty pirate at the event filmed and uploaded here.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

  • At 1:24 AM, Blogger Paul said…

    Ah Mulder - something about his dry witty comments and fervent passion made me want to rip off that pristine pressed shirt and vibe to him myself. I'm eager for the movie even though, I've seen every episode of the x files except the last 2 hours!!! STILL!!!

     
  • At 8:10 AM, Blogger Yuяi said…

    Even though (like you said) it's not a new idea, I love the title! Can't wait to see it on the big screen!

    Did you hear that Fox is releasing a new DVD set that highlights the story around Scully and Mulder's child, and that he features prominently in the film? Not sure when it's out, but I am betting it's close to the film's release.

     
  • At 11:13 AM, Blogger D'luv said…

    Paul, I always thought Scully was more butch, and probably has a bigger gun in her holster than Mulder, if you catch my drift. The final episode was a tad misty :*( You should catch it before seeing the new movie.

    Yuri, didn't hear about the DVD set, but thanks for the info! The catchprhases like "The Truth Is Out There" and "I Want To Believe" and "All Lies Lead To The Truth" always make my heart go pitter pat... they're so urgent and somehow hopeful, though you never know if they're just wishful thinking.

     
  • At 1:28 AM, Blogger Adem With An E said…

    I'm totally gonna go and vibe to that trailer... again.

     
  • At 7:41 PM, Anonymous numbfromdrugs said…

    um, hello? that broad was me.

     
  • At 10:36 PM, Anonymous Scully's (Outer Space) Pussy said…

    It's glistening...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home