dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Blue Skies, Dirty Old Men And Coldplay...I Must Be Back In Pennsylvania

I'm in Pennsylvania for the week, and snapped this pic outside a restaurant this evening to prove to folks in Los Angeles that not every city is wrapped in haze.

The U.K. chart this week is kind of like this guy I banged back in 2000: cheap and lifeless. (If the chart was missing a few teeth and had a limp, it'd be total deja vu!)

The big activity is Coldplay's Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends debuting at #1 on the album tally, after three days of an early release on Thursday, where it moved over 300,000 copies. On the singles chart, Chris Brown moves up to #8, which is one notch higher than the song has hit in the U.S. so far.

Hope everyone had a great Father's Day. And if you don't have a father in your life, just have sex with older men with Amex Platinum cards to fulfill that void in your life. Works every time.

The U.K. Top 10:

1. "Singin' In The Rain" - Mint Royale *2 weeks*
2. "Take A Bow" - Rihanna
3. "Closer" - Ne-Yo
4. "That's Not My Name" - The Ting Tings
5. "Love Song" - Sara Bareilles
6. "Sweet About Me" - Gabriella Cilmi
7. "Warwick Avenue" - Duffy
8. "Forever" - Chris Brown
9. "Black And Gold" - Sam Sparro
10. "Heartbreaker" - Will.I.Am Feat. Cheryl Cole

Labels: , ,


  • At 9:02 PM, Blogger Jump! said…

    I took your advice and screwed a forty year old guy this father's day. I hummed Duffy's "warwick avenue" the whole time. Still waiting for him to buy me something. sigh...Maybe I should move to LA where the actually put out..the cash. Oh, yeah the Uk chart is boring d'luv.

  • At 9:34 AM, Blogger Yuяi said…

    I never had pictured you as a Private Dancer until now, D'luvzie. Thanks for the mental pic! Now I'll be humming "American Express will do nicely, thank you" all day! *ugh*

    Enjoy your time off, btw!

  • At 11:14 PM, Blogger John said…

    With the exception of that will.i.am crap, this is a pretty solid Top 10.


Post a Comment

<< Home