dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Sunday, July 13, 2008

You Don't Mess With Texas, Paris Hilton

Kid Rock is the only new entry in this week's U.K. Top 10—and here I thought I wanted to drill a hole into my forehead last week.

All is not lost, however...with Texas frontchick Sharleen Spiteri's "All The Times I Cried" moving up to #26, this gives a good excuse to post the recent clip of her on The Graham Norton Show, talking about how she spit her drink on Paris Hilton in a near bar brawl:

Doesn't this automatically make Sharleen a shoe-in for an OBE next year?

The U.K. Top 10:

1. "Dance Wiv Me" - Dizzee Rascal/Calvin Harris/Chrome *2 weeks*
2. "All I Ever Wanted" - Basshunter
3. "No Air" - Jordin Sparks Duet With Chris Brown
4. "Closer" - Ne-Yo
5. "Stay With Me" - Ironik
6. "All Summer Long" - Kid Rock
7. "Forever" - Chris Brown
8. "Sweet About Me" - Gabriella Cilmi
9. "Take A Bow" - Rihanna
10. "We Made It" - Busta Rhymes Feat. Linkin Park

Labels: , , ,


  • At 3:47 PM, Blogger John said…

    Um, hello, UK. Kid Rock? Really? If I were to escape the US and visit you, I'd still have to hear that?


    I was listening to Radio One a week ago, and Dizzee and Calvin did a pretty cool version of "That's Not My Name". While I don't like a lot of the stuff Dizzee shows up on, that piece was brilliant.

    And aren't there at least four songs on the Top 10 that you've shown some d'luv for?

  • At 7:20 PM, Anonymous shaun said…

    Oh my...that's some good stuff re Sharleen's verbal-and-almost-physical bitch slapping of Paris...I'm now enjoying some Texas Greatest Hits in her honor!

    Maybe Shar can do something to put Kid Rock in his place as well...arg, can't believe that redneck anthem turd of a song has invaded the UK...

  • At 7:56 AM, Blogger Paul said…

    I finally got around to hearing the Sharleen album and it is very good indeed. I am quite pleased to hear of her distate for La Hiltz.

    BTW i am once again on the rack of disappointedness at the lack of Turn It Up by The feeling in the top 40. What is wrong with England?!

  • At 10:30 AM, Blogger D'luv said…

    John, yes, but you can only masturbate over Chris Brown's "Forever" so many times before you become dull, luv.

    Shaun, it's like when Nickelback had that big U.K. hit with "Photograph" a few months back...how? Why?

    Paul, why'd y'all turn on The Feeling??

  • At 5:49 PM, Anonymous Jerald said…

    It will not really have effect, I feel like this.
    free games


Post a Comment

<< Home