dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Kara DioGuardi: The Broad Who's The New Judge On 'American idol'

Below are some of the more well-known songs co-written by Kara DioGuardi, the old cougar who's joining American Idol's eighth season as the fourth judge.

This rich broad must've gotten bored burning her hundred dollar bills and decided to show up for some face time. Just call her C-Note.

Wonder if they're hauling her in because Paula Abdul is out of her gourd, and they're thinking of replacing her eventually?

That first video below is Kylie Minogue's "Spinning Around," from 2000. Ironically, one of the co-writers along with Kara on that one is none other than...Paula Abdul.

Hopefully the ladies get into a catfight over royalties on air.

Labels: , , , , ,


  • At 2:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Paula on Kara via Perez Hilton:

    "I met Kara literally on the streets of New York, in 1999, in front of the Brooklyn Diner," Paula tells us.

    The two struck up a friendship and Abdul convinced the then-struggling songwriter to quit her job at Billboard magazine, she tells us, and convinced her to move to Los Angeles to pursue her dreams.

    "I was an instant fan of hers," says Paula. "I moved her out to L.A. to live with me. I introduced her to music publishers. Kara and I wrote Spinning Around for Kylie Minogue when we were living together."

    Paula tells us she brought up Kara D to the Idol producers before. The songwriter is friends with A.I. head honcho Simon Fuller and she's written songs for many Idol finalists before.

    "I've been talking about her for years," Abdul tells us. "I hope the audience gets excited and accepts it. Sometimes its been hard when we've had four judges in the past. They always wanted four judges since the beginning. It'll be good to have two girls, and two guys. Kara's like a sister to me."

  • At 9:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love Kara DioGuardi!!! How great would a "Spinning Around 2008" be?!! :p



  • At 7:09 PM, Blogger John said…

    I'm not too concerned about the lack of "star power" she brings, given that no one knew Randy Jackson and Simon Cowell when the show first started, either. If Kara can bring even a little bit of objectivity to the process, I'm all for it. I just hope this doesn't lead to another season of the Paula Abdul reality show, which follows her breakdown upon thinking she's being replaced.

  • At 3:42 PM, Anonymous numbfromdrugs said…

    Holy shit! "Wash Away My Sanity"!! I love that she got a pubescent Hillary Duff to sing that line... She's gotta be sparkle.

  • At 10:21 AM, Anonymous Mervin said…

    Really effective info, lots of thanks for the article.
    generic provigil | generic modafinil | generic modalert


Post a Comment

<< Home