dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Saturday, September 06, 2008

Your New Kids On The Block Shame

You know how when, like, you sleep with some trashbag you know you probably shouldn't have, and you wake up the next morning thinking, Wow, I didn't even get paid for this? Anyone?

Well, picture yourself bored on a Saturday afternoon, deciding to check out the clips of New Kids On The Block's new album The Block on iTunes. It's a group you've always loathed, so you're suddenly a bit startled to hear that each song doesn't suck dumpster sludge.

A duet with Ne-Yo! And Pussycat Dolls! And Lady GaGa! The whole Interscope gang's along for the ride! Wow, wow, wow-eee!

And then you come to the Timbaland-produced "Twisted."



Your eyes shut. Your shame builds. You know what you're about to do. And your finger glides the cursor over to click "Buy Album." Album. As in the whole thing.

Well, thank God this didn't happen to me.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

  • At 10:53 PM, Blogger Thnairg said…

    Oh, goodness bloody gracious, D'luv, tell us you didn't. First Poster Girl, and now you? Is it possible that the album actually doesn't bite wombat-willy? Just when I thought I was comfortable with my decision to pass it by, am I going to have to rethink my entire musical universe? Sheesh....

     
  • At 11:15 PM, Blogger John said…

    I would say I share your shame, but you would know better. I acquired the CD without coercion, and I liked it. Even the taste of its cherry Chapstick.

     
  • At 11:33 PM, Blogger D'luv said…

    Guys, there's a song on the album called "Put It On My Tab."

    That's so completely ghetto, I was sold right then and there.

     
  • At 12:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    d'luv...curious about your answer as well...musically, who or what is your guiltiest of guiltiest pleasures...and yes, i am still anonymous...with no dog...

     
  • At 6:16 AM, Blogger Paul said…

    oh people no. no no no. i still can't forgive danny wood for being such an ass on that total boyband show.

    my own new kids shame came back when they toured the UK and my mom and I went to pick up my sisters from the concert. Of course it was bedlam coming out so I stood on a bench to see if i could see my sisters. Next day on the page 4 of the Birmingham Evening Mail "New Kids Mania Hits Brum" with a pic of me clearly visible in the crowd. The horrors. I am trying to see if i can find a copy thru the papers archives to put on the blog :P

    PS many ace posts this week. Sorry i've been too busy to comment on all of them!

     
  • At 8:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    this is the biggest let down of 2008, I'm desperate to give their album away as I listened to all 17 tracks with a cloud of depression over me...awful, although I like the lady gaga track, all the rest is tragic, they are not 20 year old men yet they sing 'I wanna be your boyfriend'...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home