dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Christina Aguilera Has Apparently 'Still Got It'

I didn't watch the American Music Awards Sunday night because 1.) I was watching The Wiz for the first time in 20 years, and I just had to hear "Don't Nobody Bring Me No Bad News," c.) That's what YouTube is for the next day, and 7.) It's the American Music Awards.

From viewing the clips, Rihanna seemed really snoozy with that "Rehab" bit, though she and Chris Brown won all the awards.

Anyway, the above clip is the medley of hits Christina Aguilera did. Pretty good, but still not worth missing "Ease On Down The Road" for.

Labels: , , ,


  • At 5:33 PM, Anonymous John in PA said…

    D'Luv, I'm a little confused. Coming from someone who absolutely hated attending the "Diana Ross" concert recently, I remember your review was soooo negative, I can't believe you like 'The Wiz'. (If I had to choose, "Mahogany" is my favorite movie by Diana.) Hard to believe you even LIKE Diana after that scathing review.

  • At 5:59 PM, Blogger D'luv said…

    Eh? Were you reading the same review I wrote? There was nothing scathing about it. It was more self-deprecating than anything.

    Don't let your blinding devotion to Miss Ross give you a sweet love hangover, luv.

  • At 6:15 PM, Blogger Moogaboo said…

    What a coincidence -- while watching the clip, I was wishing for a giant toilet-throne to rise out of the stage and flush away everyone involved.

    But The Wiz is awesome, I love the very of-it's-time graphic look of it all. It hasn't aged well but it fascinates me. Also, the music!

  • At 11:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    When I watched this live, I thought she was off her game. Her voice sounded weird and it just dragged on and on..I was relieved when it was finally over. Plus, that was not a flattering outfit for her.


Post a Comment

<< Home