dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

David Archuleta: Baby Queen, What A Big Surprise

Baby Queen (sometimes known as David Archuleta) sees his self-titled album released today. Awwww! It's like he's putting on his favorite pair of Quicksilver jeans, hopping in his Toyota Camry and nervously driving to his first BiGayLes dance at the bingo hall the next town over!

If "Crush" is your cup o' tea, definitely download "Barriers."

Hearing Baby Queen's soaring tenor makes me think of my favorite cheeseball, high-pitched crooner from the '80s, Peter Cetera (Daddy Queen?).

Here's the vid for "Next Time I Fall," Cetera's 1986 duet with America's top Republican adulteress recording artist, Amy Grant:



Man, I gotta get a haircut like that (Amy's, not Peter's).

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

  • At 2:40 PM, Blogger John said…

    It's really not a bad CD overall, but the first half is pretty formulaic. I'm surprised you didn't have an opinion to express on "Angels", though.

     
  • At 8:30 PM, Blogger Dan said…

    Was that song Amy Grant's first step into the sea of secularism? I remember that song being played on MTV for Christ's sake!

    And I would sooner die than wear my hair like Cetera's!

     
  • At 9:19 PM, Blogger Poster Girl said…

    The little answerback/echo parts of the chorus of "Barriers" remind me of something--not even necessarily a song--but I can't quite place it.

    I'm glad I never got hugely invested in David delivering a great album and can just take the tracks on this I enjoy for what they are. "Waiting For Yesterday" should've made the main album, though.

     
  • At 9:24 PM, Blogger Poster Girl said…

    P.S. I think my first "mix tape" someone (my parents) made for me--based on my favorite songs at the time--included Amy Grant's "Galileo," Annie Lennox's "Walking On Broken Glass," and the theme song to The New Adventures of Pippi Longstocking. Obviously I was a child of sophisticated musical tastes.

     
  • At 9:48 PM, Blogger Moogaboo said…

    That duet still gives me goosies. Am I old?

    Shut up.

     
  • At 2:26 PM, Blogger Joshua said…

    It's like he's putting on his favorite pair of Quicksilver jeans, hopping in his Toyota Camry and nervously driving to his first BiGayLes dance at the bingo hall the next town over!

    Dang that was hecka minutely specific! LOL

     
  • At 10:36 AM, Anonymous camobel.es said…

    Very useful piece of writing, much thanks for your post.

     
  • At 2:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, I do not really imagine it is likely to have effect.
    this 8 | superb 7 | look 9 this here | nice 9 | also 5 superb here | look 7

     

Post a Comment

<< Home