dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Listen To Tracks From Britney Spears' 'Circus'

Pride Radio is streaming five new tracks ("Circus," "Out From Under," "Kill The Lights," "If U See Amy" and "Unusual You") from Britney Spears' Circus, plus "Womanizer."

These D'luvvly ears are hearing "Out From Under" (produced by Guy Sigsworth) and "Unusual You" (Bloodshy & Avant) as the standouts.

Max Martin's "...Amy" is good, too, and sounds a bit like Pink's "So What." This is looking to be a far less "dark" album than Blackout.

UPDATE: Amazon now has clips of all the songs up for listening. "Shattered Glass" is pretty brilliant!

What do you think?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 7:18 PM, Blogger Poster Girl said…

    D'luv, who'd have guessed? We're apparently on pretty similar pages on the new material--from that first listen to the fewer songs but higher quality sampler, I've loved the sound of "Unusual You" (as well as some of the lines--"Didn't anyone tell you you're supposed to/Break my heart, I expect you to/So why haven't you?") and was surprised by how much I liked the sound of "Out From Under." I felt a little underwhelmed (but not in a "won't like them" sort of way) by the two supposed big uptempo songs, but I may like them more on hearing the full thing (I think I just expected "Circus" to be such a "big," fantastic song if it's the second single).

    And then the Amazon clips--"Shattered Glass" was my standout, too.

    I really want to hear this album, though; I don't know if I'll love it or not, but I know I'm dying to hear it.

     
  • At 2:03 AM, Blogger John said…

    I like what I'm hearing so far. It seems a bit moodier and darker, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Hand it to Jive for building up the hype with well-placed leaks.

     
  • At 11:00 AM, Blogger D'luv said…

    PG, yeah, her team has done a great job at building up the anticipation, haven't they? I'm just SHOCKED at the transformation of Britney from this time last year.

    You've really analyzed some of those clips! You're right, though, 30 seconds isn't quite sufficient enough time to properly assess them.

    John, really? I thought Blackout was pretty dark. Some of this sounds a bit more up and poppy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home