dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Pink Bangs Herself In The "Sober" Vid

What do you do when your record label chooses one of the least exciting (read: non-Max Martin) songs to issue as a single off your album? Why, throw in some kinda-sorta lesbian sex in the video, of course!

Pink and her doppelgänger meet up at a party then bump baby-spitters in the sack in her clip for second Funhouse single "Sober." Classy!

The video was shot in Sweden a couple months back, and has a nifty Gothic feel to it. Check out the girlie fun:



  • At 9:47 PM, Blogger John said…

    I'm with you on the single choice. There are at least three song that should have been ahead of this one. Good for her for exerting her "artistic vision".

  • At 11:00 AM, Blogger Ms. Melismatic said…

    What's with the hair in the first pic? Why's everyone trying to be so futurisitic?

    I like the song, but I agree, she should have went with something stronger. However -- it does show off her voice pretty well.

  • At 12:37 PM, Blogger D'luv said…

    John & Ms. M., I really like the video, and the song's OK, too, just not the obvious choice, in my opinion, Jive could have gone with. I'd have maybe chosen "It's All Your Fault."

    Ms. Melismatic, if that wig were a tad longer, Pink might be stepping into that dangerous Lady GaGa/Ghristina Aguilera war zone.

  • At 4:56 PM, Blogger Ms. Melismatic said…

    That's what I'm saying! I think so many artists are jumping on the Gaga train...which is why she's having difficulty breaking through the glass ceiling of the industry!

  • At 8:48 AM, Blogger xolondon said…

    I think she looks like all those Swedish girl singers - you know Emmon Guzman Berger. Or whatever.

    I hate this song - how could Funhouse not be the new single? I just feel like, in the day and age [see what I did there?] of terrible sales, every single matters. The album, IMO, is not really up to snuff and I SO wanted it to be.

    But yes, Pink munching herself is hawt hawt hawt.

  • At 1:03 PM, Blogger Joshua said…

    Srzly! Everyone is going for that Lady Gaga look that Gwen was throwing at everyone back in 2004!

  • At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Todd said…

    Quite worthwhile data, thanks for your post.
    blue gemstones | hotels cheap | website widgets


Post a Comment

<< Home