dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Sugababes' "No Can Do" Video Is Mantastic!

...and has strangely similar, washed-out lighting to the clip for Hall & Oates "I Can't Go For That (No Can Do)." Hmmmm.

Yeah, my abs look like that, too...Just not from October through March.

I didn't realize this till I looked at the credits, but Sugababes' "No Can Do" contains a sample of Sweet Charles Sherrell's "Yes It's You," a song that was produced by James Brown.


Labels: ,


  • At 3:58 AM, Blogger M. G. said…

    Did you also realize that this song sucks compared to the Hall & Oates song (which, I might add, is one of the most sampled songs in the universe)?

    H2O rules, and the only thing that rules more is Hall & Oates joined by Mr. Casual on sax. Mr. Casual is da man.

  • At 5:44 AM, Blogger Paul said…

    I'm quite liking the new sugababes video and song - it's rather funky but i suspect it will stall at number 14 :( They seem not very bothered by their careers any more it seems...

  • At 10:31 AM, Blogger D'luv said…

    M.G., ICGFT(NCD) son is no "You Make My Dreams" or "She's Gone," but it is a jam.

    Paul, yeah, their second singles have been floppin' ever since that last album. Gone are the Taller In More Ways days of three Top 5's in a row, it seems.

    I think they've probably released way too many albums in too short of a time span. They need to give folks time to miss them a bit.

  • At 10:57 PM, Blogger will said…

    ahh! it's also a little like "slow" meets "express yourself" also, no?



  • At 7:52 AM, Blogger M. G. said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

  • At 1:58 AM, Blogger Adem With An E said…

    Weren't they going to work with Mark Ronson and/or Timbaland at one point? Or did I just dream that shit up?

    I like the video clip, but they should just re-rename "Every heart broken" back to "Murder One" and release that as the next single.


Post a Comment

<< Home