dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Why The F-U-C-K Isn't Britney Spears' "If U Seek Amy" Her Next Single?

Gotta love how Britney Spears is down for recording any trash now. Take, for instance, her Max Martin jam "If U Seek Amy"—which leaked this weekend—off upcoming album Circus:

Love me, hate me
But all of the boys and all of the girls
Are beggin' to if you seek Amy

"If U Seek Amy." If you seek Amy? F-U-C....hey, wait a minute!

A couple observations about this trashtastic, insanely catch choon:
  1. It sounds like Pink's "So What" (also done by Martin). I wouldn't be surprised if she turned this down.
  2. It's got an old-school Euro-y Max Martin, extra-terrestrial-sounding middle eight, a la "Stronger" and "Oops!...I Did It Again."
  3. There's a probably-intentional running "Oh, baby, baby..." lyrical homage to "...Baby One More Time."
  4. "Ha-ha, Hee-hee, Ha-ha, Ho!" If "Oops!..." once referenced Titanic, is this a nod to The Dark Knight?
Listen to clips of Circus tracks at Pride Radio.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • At 5:44 AM, Blogger Adem With An E said…

    If You Seek A-mazing.

     
  • At 11:30 AM, Anonymous My Name Is Dita said…

    J'ason said:
    ""Ha-ha, Hee-hee, Ha-ha, Ho!" If "Oops!..." once referenced Titanic, is this a nod to The Dark Knight?"

    The ha ha he he he, ha ha ho ho is without a doubt a reference to "Crystal Waters"'s hit "My Songs Are Mindless". The song really does fit that talentless whore to a tee:

    Before I got to bed at night
    I look at the mirror
    I think I'm lucky
    I'm gonna become a real big star
    With little talent, no much talent
    The truth is I'm just a wannabe
    I should be homeless, I should be homeless
    I'm making millions

    Ha ha he ha ha ha
    Ha ha he ha ha ha
    He he hi ho ho ho

    HBO, MTV
    TBS, and A&E
    CBS, Pay Per View
    Scooby Doo, Where Are You?
    Happy Days, and Oprah too

    You'll keep buying my music
    Because you're mindless
    Like me, you're mindless

    Lobotomy, lobotoyou
    Yabadabadee, yabadahadoo
    Ha ha hee, ha ha ho
    I'll be rich, you'll be poor
    All Italian special sauce
    Lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions

    Watch "My Songs Are Mindless" here.

     
  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger Poster Girl said…

    I can't believe "Circus" is the second single.

     
  • At 3:12 PM, Blogger Joshua said…

    Circus leaked last night and I'm ahem sure you've heard the whole thing 8x in a row already. I'm loving the bonus track "Rock Me In" (same producer as her best song post-Oops - "Heaven On Earth") and "Amnesia"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home