dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Britney Spears' Next Single Is 'If U Seek Amy'

Wow! Who'd-a-thought we'd ever see the day where there'd be another Max Martin-produced Britney Spears single? The provocatively-titled (read: slutwhore-ish!) "If U Seek Amy" has just been announced as the third single off Britney's Circus.

Circus slides from #3 to #6 on new Billboard Top 200 Albums chart, the trade publication announced today.

And I know I posted that "If U Seek Amy" should've been the first single awhile back, but now I'm wishing "Unusual You" would've gotten a release before it.

Actually, come to think of it, I haven't listened to this album since before Christmas. It's all about The Saturdays now!

Labels: ,


  • At 4:15 PM, Blogger Mel said…

    I'm not much for Britney, but I like "If You Seek Amy". I think it's campy fun...but I dunno if it should be the third single...

  • At 5:09 PM, Blogger John said…

    I'm with you on the Saturdays. They've returned to active rotation recently as well.

  • At 5:36 PM, Blogger Poster Girl said…

    I really like "If U Seek Amy," I really do, but I can't help wishing that the central play on words was actually a play on words--if you don't read the innuendo into it, the line makes no sense. I know that's hardly an original complaint, but I still think that would've made the song more fun. I'll take the puns and metaphors of "Phonography" instead, thank you very much.

  • At 7:33 PM, Blogger Poster Girl said…

    As a late P.S., I should add that the pun actually works in the middle 8, but that's hardly most of its uses in the song.

  • At 2:42 PM, Blogger Trailer Trashlee said…

    I hope "Amy" releases a response song, like the Roxanne battles back in the '80s.

    Oh, and you have to love a song that's going to make all the young Amys lives out there miserable for the rest of elementary, middle and high schools!

  • At 4:48 PM, Anonymous someone_legal said…

    Britney needs a release like "Amy". It will be a huge hit and boost her sales. Smart manager I must say. Unusual You would be a great release too. I think Out From Under would be a great ballad to hear on the radio. We need pop to destroy this Lil' Wayne shit we hear. This world needs a little pick me up.


Post a Comment

<< Home