dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Everything's Gone Pop Chips!

To quote from the one Matchbox Twenty song that didn't take 37 listens for me to enjoy, "I wish the real world would just stop hassling me!"

D'luv took a day off from everything this week and visited the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA). While there, I grabbed lunch in a cafe with a friend, and was delighted to discover a rack of Pop Chips! So I snapped the pic above.

Other things I've discovered this week but have been to bogged the F down to mention here till now:

The cover art for Pet Shop Boys' Yes, via XO's Middle Eight.

These stills from Take That's "Up All Night" video:

Pink's "Please Don't Leave Me" video:



I also got to take in the Vanity Fair Portraits exhibit at LACMA, and cranked out another Towleroad column.

Have a happy weekend!

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

  • At 4:37 AM, Blogger Paul said…

    i'm loving the fact that there are Pop Chips! how lovely. And I'm still loving the take that video - there's some rather nice stills of them in Q mag this month too, with an overmade up B-Flo as well. Sticky fingers.

     
  • At 6:10 AM, Anonymous Lili said…

    I love that you just quoted MB20. That's a brilliant song. :)

     
  • At 9:06 AM, Blogger xolondon said…

    You just know those thing have trans fats. and are better for it.

    I think the Take That single is a mistake, but we'll see how it fares.

     
  • At 11:05 AM, OpenID loft965 said…

    Great PSB covers....

    It's the time of the month again!!

    New Music:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?miyymznju4d

    Cover:
    http://loft965.com/2009/02/01/music-for-february-synthosium/

    I hope you like it.

     
  • At 2:45 AM, Blogger Mike said…

    Doll, I had no idea you were such a culture vulture. The ball & chain has obviously dragged you kicking and screaming out of the gutter!

     
  • At 12:14 PM, Blogger will said…

    Are Pop Chips like Pop Rocks... which crackle in your mouth upon contact with saliva? Or wait... that might be my blisters. Oops.

    I enjoyed that P!nk video immensely.
    I don't know if it's just me or not, but they seem to be picking the most un-remarkable songs to plug off "Funhouse".

    x

    W

     

Post a Comment

<< Home