dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Thursday, January 08, 2009

How Much Gay Angst Can Be Shoved Up A David Archuleta Song?

Folks, David Archuleta wants answers in his new single "A Little Too Not Over You," and he wants them now.

"Tell me why I can't seem to face the truth?" warbles our young hero in the glossy, angst-ridden video. Of course, this isn't to be confused with David's previous single, "Crush," which contained the line, "Why do I keep running from the truth?" Why do you, indeed, David.

In fact, that truth is a tricky subject for Archuleta. In the bridge to the chorus of this new one, he admits, "Sometimes I try to hide what I feel inside."

Sigh. David, no wonder the chick in this video you want us to think you were going steady with left your fancy 18-year-old ass. I, too, had girls swarming around me as a teenager. But they just never understood my fascination with Lisa Stansfield. It was the kiss curl, Archie. I wanted one of my own so bad.

By the end of the clip, David persuades the reluctant lass to take him from behind. But it's to no avail; the poor broad just doesn't have the right equipment to satiate the Idol runner-up, and she dumps him in a blind fury of shame, bitterness and frustration!

The singer then, in turn, proceeds to delete all her photos from his digital camera. Yeah...cold.

Ask yourself, Archie–can you forgive her?

Labels: ,


  • At 9:57 AM, Blogger John said…

    Is this as racy as they can get with the whole Mormon thing hanging over their heads? Maybe the next one should be him on his "mission" meeting the love of his life. Oh, but who should play the part of the love interest? Maybe an older "mentor" such as yourself, D'luv?

  • At 11:35 PM, Blogger countpopula said…

    A kid who works for me just told me TODAY after working for me for THREE YEARS that his dad used to play in LISA STANSFIELD'S touring band! I almost crapped my pants! How could he have kept that a secret so long?! Funny you mentioned her...

  • At 2:39 PM, Anonymous Lady Gaga's Disco Stick said…

    What does David Archuleta feel inside? Um, whatever rough trade 19 Entertainment has sent up to his suite that night.

    It's on the RIDER, y'all! (wink)


Post a Comment

<< Home