dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Sunday, February 08, 2009

Daniel Merriweather Has A Really Nice Mouth

When last we saw 26-year-old Aussie Daniel Merriweather, he made a dent in the U.K. chart with his and Mark Ronson's cover of The Smiths' "Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before" (shortened, for their version, to simply "Stop Me"), which eventually hit #2 in spring 2007.

This week he again cracks the U.K. Top 10, at #8 with his debut blue-eyed-soul solo single, "Changes."

Here's Merriweather and Ronson at the MTV VMAs last fall:

I like to imagine that, much like Mark's sister Samantha munches on Lindsay Lohan's chowder mop, these two are ramming each other's cans on a regular basis. Daniel just has that "I fuck for tracks" kind of face. (Reminder to go buy some blank sheet music...)

Mark produced "Changes," which also features rapping by Wale.

Here's the vid:



I'd write more, but I gotta go bring my computer to the bedroom for a bit.

The U.K. Top 10:

1. "The Fear" - Lily Allen *2 weeks*
2. "Just Dance" - Lady GaGa feat. Colby Adonis
3. "Take Me Back" - Tinchy Stryder feat. Taio Cruz
4. "Crack A Bottle" - Eminem feat. Dr. Dre & 50 Cent
5. "Breathe Slow" - Alesha Dixon
6. "Day 'n' Night" - Kid Cudi Vs. Crookers
7. "Broken Strings" - James Morrison feat. Nelly Furtado
8. "Change'" - Daniel Merriweather
9. "Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)'" - Beyonce
10. "Let It Rock" - Kevin Rudolf feat. Lil Wayne

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

  • At 4:57 PM, Blogger xolondon said…

    I believe the single version contains an edit without Wale, which is a Good Thing.


    I saw a clip of Ronson at this video shoot and, honey, you are aging better (having once been a Ronson doppelganger)!

     
  • At 6:55 PM, Blogger John said…

    For some reason I've fought liking "Change", but it's too late. It might be the unnecessary rap from Wale, who I do normally like.

     
  • At 9:46 PM, Anonymous numbfromdrugs said…

    so not cute.

     
  • At 1:44 AM, Blogger Paul said…

    i don't see the appeal myself. But each to their own :) UK charts slightly dull at the moment, awaiting huge influx of ace new music :)

     
  • At 10:37 AM, Blogger D'luv said…

    XO, the Wale rap does distract from what would be lovely intstrumental parts. And, thanks! I think he's a year or two older?

    John, yeah, I gave in, but I might go off it quickly.

    NFD, yes, he's not over 50 and 7 feet tall, I realize.

    Paul, when I have to resort to being D'lust, you know it's dull.

     
  • At 8:09 PM, Blogger Adem With An E said…

    I'm with you all the way on Merriweather being a fucking dish and a half.

    The guy is amazing live; vocals and looks.

     
  • At 10:17 PM, Blogger Lewis said…

    Daniel Merriweather's new album is sweet! Check it out below:
    http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/stat?id=RGwXLtiwlbk&u1=rca-website%7Cdanielmerriweatherdeluxe&offerid=78941&type=3&subid=0&tmpid=1826&RD_PARM1=http%253A//itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPreorder%253Fid%253D351698093%2526s%253D143441

     

Post a Comment

<< Home