dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Monday, April 27, 2009

MySpace And I Broke Up

So yesterday I deleted my MySpace account. Well, it was the Chart Rigger MySpace account...I'd axed my own personal one about two years ago.

I couldn't even remember the last time I'd logged into MySpace. Social networking is grand and all, but music-based last.fm and Twitter are much sexier.

MySpace was like dealing with a high-maintenance bitch who wouldn't put out. Or if they did, it was about as exciting as masturbating into the sink.

Speaking of which, gotta run....

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • At 1:22 AM, Blogger Paul said…

    myspace, facebook, twitter. i can barely keep up with good old fashioned email!! Oh my god, does this mean in years to come we will talk wistfully about email the same way people do now about "handwritten letters"?!

     
  • At 10:47 AM, Blogger Michael said…

    I did the same a couple of weeks ago. It's a good place to look up bands but other than that, the thrill is gone.

     
  • At 11:01 AM, Blogger D'luv said…

    Michael, "the thrill is gone" is the perfect way to describe it! I bet MySpace never though they'd see the day when they become as irrelevant as Friendster.

    Paul, you know, my first year away at college was the first time I'd ever used email ('94-'95), and the last year I'd done handwritten letters on a regular basis. That said, I wrote letters to friends that year at least once a day! I still have all the reply ones in a shoebox!

     
  • At 2:14 PM, Anonymous The Sink said…

    More, please!!

     
  • At 7:48 AM, Anonymous muebles camobel said…

    Thanks for your post, very useful information.

     
  • At 11:03 PM, Anonymous Patrick said…

    Quite effective info, thank you for this post.
    free online games

     

Post a Comment

<< Home