dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Sunday, April 12, 2009

People Kind Of Dislike Calvin Harris, Don't They?

I'm not one of those people, though. Calvin Harris' first album I Created Disco was waiting for me, having arrived from Amazon UK, when I got back from a trip to France in late spring 2007. It was a great soundtrack to that summer.

Now "I'm Not Alone," the lead single off his upcoming sophomore album, has topped the U.K. chart. It's a nice, moody club track with a borderline misogynistic video.



Calvin appeared as a "featuring" on Dizzee Rascal's U.K. #1 "Dance Wiv Me" last summer (which he co-wrote and produced). He also co-produced Kylie Minogue's "In My Arms," which (just barely) became the singer's most recent U.K. Top 10 hit last May.

But I like "I'm Not Alone." It makes me wanna get up and get out. Which I'm doing, because it's a beautiful spring day outside. Ciao!

The U.K. Top 10:

1. "I'm Not Alone" - Calvin Harris *1 week*
2. "Poker Face" - Lady GaGa
3. "Jai Ho'" - Ar Rahman feat. Pussycat Dolls
4. "In For The Kill'" - La Roux
5. "Don't Upset The Rhythm (Go Baby Go)" - The Noisettes
6. "Love Sex Magic" - Ciara feat. Justin Timberlake
7. "Halo" - Beyonce
8. "Shake It" - Metro Station
9. "Right Round" - Flo Rida feat. Kesha
10. "Love Story'" - Taylor Swift

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home