dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Sean Kingston's New RedOne Single 'Fire Burning' = Total Jam!

I love the fact that now that RedOne has struck gold with Lady GaGa and everyone's turning to him to produce their shit, he's making R&B stars sound like dance dudes and divas!

Case in point: Sean Kingston's "Fire Burning," which has been getting considerable airplay here in L.A. on KIIS-FM for a few weeks. It's available on U.S. iTunes (though at the new jacked-up price of $1.29).

In fact, is it me, or is "Fire Burning" totally this year's Chris Brown/"Forever"? It sounds just as poptastic, at least. Time will tell if it becomes as big a hit.



"Fire Burning" will appear on Sean Kingston's upcoming sophomore album Tomorrow, which also features production from J.R. Rotem and is due out August 25.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

  • At 10:44 PM, Blogger John said…

    Yeah, RedOne's the hot producer, and this track's burning up pop radio, but Kingston always freaks me out a little bit. Hold out a few more weeks, and there will probably be another three or four other tracks competing for the title of this year's "Forever".

     
  • At 10:54 PM, Anonymous oPaul said…

    I just noticed tonight that iTunes is raising prices on some old-assed shit.

    There were songs in my shopping cart for weeks that had been .99 and they just went up in price to 1.29 this week.

    The weirdest part is that this is stuff from the 60's and 70's -- Aretha Franklin and Dusty Springfield -- not Lady Gaga. Shit that should have gone down to .69 in the first place.

    Wtf?

     
  • At 12:01 AM, Blogger Cristián said…

    Blast of track!!
    Sounds to me though more like this year's "What is Love?" by Haddaway (meets The Real McCoy, maybe?)

     
  • At 1:35 AM, Blogger Paul said…

    damn you for making me listen to a sean kingston track.

    curse me for liking it.

    that red one is everywhere isn't he? Like swine flu.

     
  • At 10:14 AM, Blogger D'luv said…

    John, well, good. It's about time R&B snapped out of its 10-year rut.

    oPaul, really?? I thought it was only the new stuff. And, you used Lady GaGa and 69 in the same reference. I knew you'd come around!

    Cristián, I felt the same thing when I first heard it...like, it's very '90s Euro. Or at least you get the same feeling you used to get when you head "Another Night" or "What Is Love?" the first time...sorta like, it's dance-tinged R&B.

    Paul, great comparison. I think RedOne is probably a bit more infectuous at this point.

     
  • At 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can't find this song on iTunes!!! Where the heck is it?

     
  • At 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Never mind - my boyfriend had switched to the UK iTunes...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home