dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

'Idol' Runner-Up Adam Lambert Finally Comes Out In 'Rolling Stone'

In a move that should surprise no one, this past season's #2 American Idol, Adam Lambert, reveals that he's gay in a cover story with Rolling Stone. You know, because all those online pics of him sucking face with guys just weren't proof enough.

Says the the fastest tongue on the 'net:
"I don’t think it should be a surprise for anyone to hear that I’m gay... Right after the finale, I almost started talking about it to the reporters, but I thought, ‘I’m going to wait for Rolling Stone, that will be cooler. I didn’t want the Clay Aiken thing and the celebrity-magazine bullshit. I need to be able to explain myself in context. I’m proud of my sexuality. I embrace it. It’s just another part of me."
It'll be interesting to see how his album sells with him pretty much being openly-gay right out of the gate, before any music comes out.

Oh, and to the person who chided me in the comments for not supporting the "gay contestant" on this past season of Idol, he wasn't gay until today.

So there!

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

  • At 12:33 PM, Blogger Joshua said…

    That's a fierce cover with the cheesiest title EVA.

    WILD IDOL!!! OMGYG

     
  • At 12:53 PM, Blogger Phil said…

    What's that snake about to tuck into?!!?

     
  • At 1:29 PM, Blogger duanemoody.com said…

    I'm happy for him, he doesn't have live in the closet like Clay did (who was clearly bitter and miserable for years because of it).

     
  • At 3:49 PM, Blogger emilyestep said…

    soooo you're saying 'as if the pictures weren't enough' and also saying 'he wasn't gay until now'?

    kind of contradictory..

     
  • At 6:45 PM, Blogger xolondon said…

    I am too distracted by those yellow teeth ads Dluv!

     
  • At 9:11 PM, Blogger Poster Girl said…

    Love Adam. What with the news about him being signed (not that that was in question, but it's still welcome news; plus, a feature story in Rolling Stone will probably get me to buy the magazine) and Allison Iraheta being signed, too (and Kris obviously already having a deal), it's a great week for this year's best contestants.

     
  • At 12:59 AM, Blogger Paul said…

    from this side of the pond, the whole furor over he's gay seems a bit pointless. All a bit Will Young 2002 really. I don't get this "you have to support someone because they are gay" thing - maybe it's because the rights of gay people in the UK are much more mainstream so it's not a big deal. I like people because of the music, nothing to do with sexuality. So if i don't like someone's music and they are gay this doesn't mean i hate all gays and don't support the gay community!! Or am i missing something? I'm certainly willing to concede that it's different in the USA where gay people are still protesting on the streets of California just to be able to marry :(

    And i don't get the whole "he didn't win because he was gay" thing - he made the top two!! Someone must have voted him there!!! Again in England, I missed all the related media coverage so maybe it came across differently here :)

    Oh! Horrible cover, but one i will buy :)

     
  • At 7:45 AM, Anonymous Quarter Turns, Girls said…

    That snake has TOTALLY been Botoxed and Photoshopped to represent an unrealistic body ideal.

    ROLLING STONE HATES SNAKES' BODIES!

     
  • At 9:02 AM, Blogger D'luv said…

    Joshua, yeah, I love the cover. RS seems to be getting more creative these days.

    Phil, his pocket, perhaps...

    Duane, yep, 'tis a first.

    Emilystep, yes, I'm an enigma that way.

    XO, ick.

    PG, ooh, didn't know Allison had been signed, too. Who knows, she may turn out to be the Daughtry of the season and outsell everyone.

    Paul, yeah, you hit the nail on the head, I think, with the fact that gay rights are still not entirely realized here in the U.S. I mentioned on Twitter that we're still a fairly young country, only a few hundred years old, and compared to other fair nations, we're still in the sandbox. You're right, he did make the top two, but it's all just media hype about him being gay. I wonder if anyone would care if there weren't so many news stories shoving this in your face. Oh, wait...

    QTG, let's organize a parade!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home